How Long does it take a brain to heal after a bleed?

We never stop learning! I had a bleed In Late November of last year and didn’t have valid facts to back it up until I had a MRI done in January of this year. I have been waiting a full year so far and taking Levetiracetam 1 tablet twice daily. It was really hard to find out that my nausea, vision lost, drowsiness and seizure was the cause of the bleed. However, Doctor’s want me to wait another year until I am able to get off the medication. Who knows if there a valid fact that your brain may never heal. We forget thing and we also lose thing when we get older. So is there a way to prove that our brain will never heal completely after a bad experiment or bleed. The brain is the most powerful organ in the human body. We can not control the brain or heal the brain. Why put years on the brain! I was told it take time to heal. I was also told my name was Michael. A valid fact I had a brain before I learned my name! I guest I have to learn my brain…

You’re right Michael, all the medical experts in the world can never tell you how well your brain will recover nor how long it will take. As for me, I’m 2 1/2 years post bleed and not a whole lot has changed. My vision loss is the same, my visual spatial relations are still a mess…but my memory has improved a bit. My aunt had a bleed and lost most of the vision in both eyes. It was a full 5 years later that she suddenly regained her sight. I personally believe the brain will heal, I think we have to keep working at it, keep using it and never give up hope.

Thanks for he reply, I think my vision in both eye is not completely heal. I have to say thing are much better than before. The doctor always tell me that you can go back to your normal self. I went from not been able to walk or seeing anything. I didn’t stated the fact that I wasn’t able to feed myself. I’m clearly learning to live with it. If I was clear from one test and know that my brain is still healing. Doctor isn’t a expert when it come to A patient who lived threw it. I think normal is a under statement.

Trish, I’m glad you see the picture. And you right just keep working at it and just let the brain keep healing it self.

Hi Michael, I didnt have a whole lot of issues except the left side of my body being way weaker than my right side, and my face was kinda droopy looking on the left! From what the Navy docs told me whatever I didnt get back in a year I wouldnt get back. But dont take that or what any doc says as final! My left side is still a bit weaker, but it has gotten much better, I had my bleed in Oct 07 and resective surgery in Jan 08. I still have the seizures, but I dont think that will ever be completly under control. Im really sorry for your condition, I trully wish Things were better for you! I hope all goes well for ya! Im not into religion, but I do think Things happen for a reason. Keep your heart strong!

HEy hope you are having a good day. I’m with Mike on this part “Things happen for a reason.” read my story. Under stand that I use to work on Ferrari’s for a living before I had brain and AVM problems. Now I have an awesome life I have a wife that loves me for who i am not the money and things I could giver her. I have less people around me but more true frieds now then before. I have less money and more freedome (when I’m not having bad days or problems) My life has changed and some day I’m not cool with it the hole timeboom in my head and bad spelling and motorskills isues and pain but I would not trade it back for my old life. I keep getting better every year and I’m 6 years out.

Michael Stafford said:
Thanks for he reply, I think my vision in both eye is not completely heal. I have to say thing are much better than before. The doctor always tell me that you can go back to your normal self. I went from not been able to walk or seeing anything. I didn't stated the fact that I wasn't able to feed myself. I'm clearly learning to live with it. If I was clear from one test and know that my brain is still healing. Doctor isn't a expert when it come to A patient who lived threw it. I think normal is a under statement.

Trish, I'm glad you see the picture. And you right just keep working at it and just let the brain keep healing it self.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply Mike. I think thing happen for a reason too. I was told that every one have a story or experience to live through. Before I was born in the B.C. error (Before christ) human kind had a story starting out with Adam & Eve which Later became the Holy Bible. However, the experience I went thru is what got me closer to religion. I was brought up in the church but I went because of my parent kind of made us go. I see every day that I’m doing better as far as the brain but somehow I had to experience both Facial AVM and Brain AVM. I have to keep say that there are always someone in a lot of worse shape than me. I know doc’s are just small expert but they can not say your body is completely heal meaning the brain.

Hi, Daniel A Sadler a great testimony or story. We all are saying the same thing. Thing happen for a reason. My question is How long does it take a brain to heal after a bleed? I know doctor are a small part of what keep us alive. But what give the doctors the say so when your brain is heal. I enjoy my life as well too. I wouldn’t change a thing about my life. Mike was saying he still having problem with the seizure and stated that He don’t think that religion have much to do with it. He have his opinion about that which is cool. I think or know that God have something to do with it. You may agree with mike which is cool too. The story of my AVM experience is just a little piece of my testimony I can not explain it all. I think all of the AVM survivors are a living testimony. Daniel yours experience got you to find true friend and a beautiful wife. Thing happen for a reason but How do you know your brain is heal? Is it heal from your experience or heal b/c of the doctor said so. What is the reason thing happen for a reason?