Hi I'm Matthew

Hello. Im Matthew and I just want to say thank you for sharing and allowing me to join this group. Im 32 and had my first of many surgeries at 6 years old. On my AVM located on my left arm.
I can’t express how grateful I am to find this community. For the longest time I’ve felt alone. There are so many here that have inspired me and helped just by sharing their experiences. And I just joined, so I can’t wait to continue reading and sharing. Im not very good at expressing my own thoughts and experiences. But here I will work on that.Thank you to everyone here for being strong and resilient

10 Likes

Matthew,

Welcome! I have added you to the @Extremity group and if you look down the home page for Types of AVMs, you’ll find a bunch of other folk with AVMs in their arms, legs, hands, feet that go through the same stuff as you.

I hope some of them will also stop by your “Hello” and welcome you here, too.

Have a look round, it’s great to have you on board.

Very best wishes,

Richard

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Member TK

Matt - wow, 6 years old. I was 13 when I had my first surgery - it will be 43 years ago this coming November. I totally understand what you mean about feeling so alone. There are things that my friends on here (all of you) understand that my family doesn’t.

Don’t ever worry about not expressing your thoughts clearly - if it’s totally confusing, someone will ask, “Hey Matt, what did you mean?”

I think you posted a really good reminder for all of us as well. “There are so many who have inspired and helped by sharing their experiences.” If we all do more of that, we all will be better off. Thanks for that.

Keep in touch and welcome to the group…

TJ

2 Likes

Matthew!

Welcome! Glad you are here. This is the safest most relatable space I know for anyone with rare illnesses. The more I read here, the less rare it feels. You’re not alone and everyone here is helpful and kind. We all need to express ourselves and this is a wonderful place to do it. Lots of us have similar stories. Hope you have a safe and blessed weekend!

-Mins :sunny::pray:t5::heart:

2 Likes

Welcome Matthew, this place is great for support & you may offer some words to someone who is going through a similar scenario that may help them more than you think… God bless!

1 Like