Hi from scotland

hi everyone my wife has been diagnosed with a brain avm all we know at the moment it covers most of left side , we wont know till the 22nd of june to what the medical team in edinburgh will do,

its hard to put this in words but iam scared stiff i cant relax every time i leave her i expect the worst ,iam glad i found this site and hope things can be put in perspective from all your experiences

Andrew,

I am so sorry that you and your wife are having to go through this. Finding out can be a scary thing and your wife is probably as scared as you are every time you leave her. Has your wife had a rupture/bleed? Did they find this due to her having problems or on a routine test? How old is your wife?
Slow down and breathe, what you are going through is very normal and a sign that you care very deeply for your wife. We are glad to have you on this site and will do our best to support you through this very rough time. Keep the faith and I will add you and your wife to my prayers.

Hello Andrew and welcome to the site. This is a very scary time for you and your wife, but it is also very new. Wait to hear what the medical team thinks they can do. Then ask all the questions that you can both of the doctors and of us here on this site. Many, many of us have been where you are and where you’re going. We’re always willing to offer any advice and support we can. Good luck to you both.

having looked round the site there’s a lot of information to take in, we wont know till Mon 22nd what the medics will do , i let my wife have a look at the site but iam afraid she found some of the photos very upsetting ,

so in the meantime it will just be myself who will be on .i feel i need the advice and support from others who know what we are going through

Andrew,
I am sorry that the photos upset your wife. I know how hard all of this is. We are glad to have both of you. Let your wife know that we are here to support you both and that she is one step ahead of alot of us because they found her AVM before it ruptured. Tell her not to stress and that she is cared about and not alone. I remember how afraid I was when I thought they were going to cut me open and they would have to shave off my long hair. I ended up having radiosurgery and they did not have to shave my head, I only had a couple of small holes in the back of my head where the halo screwed in. Please tell her not to worry until they decide what needs to be done, the added stress can actually cause a rupture and that is the last thing she needs. Be supportive but also take care of yourself, you are the biggest asset she has and she will need you as things move forward. Lean on us and let her lean on you for now and when she is ready we will be here for her as well.
take care and let us know how things are going.

Andrew Giffen said:

having looked round the site there’s a lot of information to take in, we wont know till Mon 22nd what the medics will do , i let my wife have a look at the site but iam afraid she found some of the photos very upsetting ,

so in the meantime it will just be myself who will be on .i feel i need the advice and support from others who know what we are going through