Help - Recovery from Paralysis

dear @jules2 i hope your husband keeps having progress. my brother doesnt have much recovery and he is paralyzed. i really appreciate if you can tell me about your husband more? can he walk? thanks a lot

dear @Charles3 i am sorry to hear this and i really hope you will get better. my brother couldnt afford the therapy too and he stopped it at the begining. i hope i hear from you about your recovery soon

dear @DickD , thanks for your care… he is doing ok even though he has not had any recovery… thank you for your time spending here for the people who really need to be supported emotionally

1 Like

dear @Teiry your are strong and brave and i am really surprized about it. i am happy you are having recovery. i will appreciate if you pray for him.

1 Like

dear @Oman , thank you for your care. i will search about it even though i guess i cant afford it. i really apprecaite you for your prayer

dear @hannahp , he had the surgery few months after noticing the symptoms… i really appreciate your prayer… and i wish you all the best

dear @Charles3 i really hope you will be normal and happier again… i will keep you in my prayer.

My husband is a C5 quadriplegic. He has had function return to right arm and right hand, left arm but only function to thumb and first finger on left hand. He has had sensation return below c5. It’s been a long road but we still see changes on a regular basis.

1 Like

Dear Zahra
Thanks for your prayers. That was kind of you. This past Wednesday I finally received my walking brace. I had to practice getting up and sitting down. It was a workout.

2 Likes

Oh of course I will!! :slight_smile:

I’d like to update you; I am now 3 years into recovery and walking without anything and sometimes my affected hand opens on its own. I still can’t control it though. But it’s something!! I do Botox, baclofen, and cbd oil. Along with lots of pt and ot. Hope your brother is doing well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Update for charles. It’s now 5 years and he is starting to use his paralyzed hand and already using his paralyzed leg. He is doing botox injections and baclofen. He has reduced his medication. Because of the botox. He can now speak where people understand but still needs more therapy. Problem with that is he can only have occupational or speech,not both. Right now choosing occupational because of the new use of his right arm and hand. He can raise it up to his shoulder. The physical therapist has had him standing on his own, leaning on a box but shooting hoops with his hands. His balance is good but will need a leg brace for his knee keeps giving out. He is enjoying life and has a positive attitude towards being able to walk again and take care of himself. It’s been a long road with insurance not wanting to pay for therapy but after many many phone calls he gets back into his therapies. Sorry I have not been on here much but find myself a little burned out. For couple months I do more for myself and then couple do more for charles. I spent 5 hours doing paper work for social security yesterday but finally completed some review that was apparently due in October of 2019. Between his social security and insurance and my stuff I’m either on the phone or doing paperwork it seems. We are hanging in there.

1 Like