Help me please!

ITS BEEN ALMOST 7 YEARS NOW SINCE SURGERY AND I STILL CAN'T FIND A LAWYER TO SUE.

DOES ANYONE KNOW A GOOD MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWYER THAT WOULD?

IF THEY WANT TO KNOW THINGS ABOUT IT:

I HAD A STROKE AFTER BEING UNDER 10 1/2 HOURS BUT WE WERE TOLD SURGERY WOULD TAKE 8.

SOMEHOW WHEN THEY FIXED MY SHUNT I WENT DEAF.

IN PRE-SURGERY I STARTED MENOPAUSE.

I WAS TOLD WORST CASE SCENARIO WAS THAT I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SWALLOW.

I MISSED EVERY ONE OF MY BABY'S 1STS AND HAVE LOST CUSTODY.

THEY FAILED TO INFORM ME ABOUT MY SHUNT AND AS A RESULT I ALMOST DIED.

AFTER, THE DR. HERE TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE THE SHUNT EVERY 2-4 YEARS.

I CAN'T WORK, THEREFORE I CAN/T AFFORD THE THERAPIES I NEED.

I AM IN LUBBOCK, TX. AND MY E MAIL ADDRESS IS ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■.

PLEASE, IF ANYONE CAN HELP WITH THIS, I WANT TO SUE VERY BAD. I HAVE FOR YEARS. AT 1ST IT WAS MY EX-HUSBAND'S DECISION. HE WAS MY P.O.A. AND DID NOT WANT HIS PAST BROUT UP. BUT I THINK THE DOCTORS ARE AS MUCH AT FAULT AS ME. SO THEY SHOULD HAVE TO PAY TOO.

Hi Chrystal,

I'm happy to see that you are still posting.

I am not a lawyer and don't speak "legal-eze", but I did a quick search on the statute of limitations according to the TX Bar Association. Near the top (I didn't read it all), it says: No medical malpractice action may be brought more than two years from the date of the breach or tort or from the completion of treatment.

Now I did see in other places that this law might be proven unconstitutional, so who knows.

As I mentioned previously, I believe that your best course of action is to seek the assistance of the Relay Texas, which is a service for the deaf, at 800 735 2929. When I spoke to the people at Lubbock Regional Crisis Center previously about your case, they were adamant that they would NOT talk with me, but that YOU had to make contact, and that Relay Texas was the official vehicle for that.

Now I know you previously stated that Relay Texas was worthless (or something like that as I recall), but they are the official vehicle. Like it or not, you are facing a huge bureaucracy to receive some assistance. In my experience, if you don't follow the prescribed method, no matter how stupid it seems, you will make your journey much more difficult.

I do wish you well, and I hope that you can find some local support that you need.

Best wishes,
Ron, KS