Have decided on craniotomy

Hi all and thanks for your comments and support. I have decided what I hope is best for my case. I will undergo my first embo this coming Wednesday the 29th, the second embo on Oct. 6th, and the craniotomy on Oct. 12th. I will have to travel for all three procedures to Shands Hospital in Gainesville, FL. which is about a 3 hour drive for me. I am so ready to get this taken care of, but extremely nervous at the same time. I will be glad when my AVM is gone so I can get back to a normal life.

So glad you have made your decision about treatment. Ah, the mixed emotions that come with this is hard; however, staying ‘positive’ (by focusing on ‘the light at the end of the tunnel’) and being proactive in your health and well-being will help.
Good luck on the embos and craniotomy!

BTW, you can go to the “More” tab, then “Groups”, and join the “SE Group” if you would like. Even though we have this valuable site with helpful people from various locations all around the world, I think it (mentally and emotionally) helps to know that there are others of us (relatively) close by (especially since feelings of isolation and that others just don’t seem to understand are common complaints/issues).

I will put you and your Doctor in my prayers for your embo’s and craniotomy!

HI, KARA SO GLAD YOU WILL BE GETIN TREATMENT, WE WILL ALL BE HERE TO GIVE YOU LOVE AND WILL BE PRAYIN FOR YOU AS U GET YOUR TREATMENT’S DONE. I SEE THE SECOND EMBO IS OCT 6TH THE DAY BEFORE I GO IN SO I WILL SAY A SPECIAL PRAY FOR YOU AND THING ABOUT U ON THE 12 I HOPE TO BE HOME BY THEN IF SO I WILL CHECK ON YOU. GOD BLESS STAY PRAYFUL IT DOES WORK

Hi, Where is your AVM? We live in Tavares, FL which is close to Leesburg, only 2 hours from Gainsville. Hope everything goes well.

I’m really surprised as to how quickly I am recovering - when I came so close to death. I had a massive hemmorage with the AVM bleed AND 2 anneurysms at the same time. So doing this as a planned event should be much better for you. I went from being completely dependent right after the surgery, to being almost back to 100% - and it’s only been about 5 months. I wish for you a speedy and full recovery, and to be rid of the worry. I will keep you in my prayers, especially on the 29th, the 6th and the 12th.

Just wanted to drop in and see how you are doing. Hope the embolization yesterday went well for you! Please update when you feel well enough to. Take care!

Well I survived the first embo procedure without to much pain. Thanks to the “happy juice” I don’t even remember leaving the pre-op area. The only side effect I am having is headaches, which I here is normal. I am so glad to be home and back at work for a few more days until the second embo on Oct. 6th. It really puts life into prespective when you are put on a Neuro ICU floor and you are the healthiest patient there. I felt so sad for those other patients that were so sick. Well, at least I know what to expect next week and nothing should come as a surprise. Hope all goes as well for the next one. Thanks to all who were thinking about me and saying prayers for me.

Glad to hear the first procedure went well. And yes, happy juice is a wonderful thing. I have my pain meds and without them I wouldn’t be able to sleep (it hurts to lay on my right side where they cut my head open). Isn’t it great when you don’t remember? I can’t remember a thing that happened from when I collapsed at home from the bleed to the day I was leaving the hospital 2 weeks later. That’s a blessing as far as I’m concerned. More prayers on Wednesday for you!

Glad you are doing so well! Any idea of how many embos. you are going to have? (I, like Kat, had an emergency craniotomy. I have no personal experience with embos.; however, I have read other’s stories on here about embos. & of course the number of embos. for each person is different.)

I am only scheduled to do two embos. I just had the second one done this past Wednesday. The doc said everything went well and they are ready for the crani on Tuesday the 12th of Oct.

Good luck on the surgery tomorrow!

WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAY’S FOR YOUR SURGERY 2MORROW. GOD BLESS

Hope you are doing well!!! Please update us on you when you feel able to type a quick update. Take care!!!