Happy New Year

Hello hello everyone!

It’s been quite sometime since I last posted on here, and last time I was talking about possibly needing a second Embolization. Luckily during my last Angiogram they said they wanted to wait to see what else radiation could do for me since it had shrunk my AVM from 1.5 CM to the size of less than a quarter. They told me to meet up with them about 6-7 months after April, so I just went in for an MRI this last Wednesday, and am going in for a Neuro appointment on January 4th. Asking for some good thoughts, but am expecting that this second embolization is pretty inevitable.
Despite all of this, I wanted to say Happy New Year to all of you. I hope 2022 treats you and your families well. I appreciate all the well wishes and comfort on my last post. I went offline for quite sometime so coming back to all of this was really a brilliant way of opening my new year, and I only hope you all feel the same sense of comfort and support as you approach 2022. Stay safe, and I look forward to chatting with you all again!

-Bella

2 Likes

Happy New Year!

Very good to hear from you again. You sound nicely positive, though a little concerned at further “work”. I think it’s good to hear positivity in your voice.

While I took a long time to be satisfied with my embolisation, I still stick to the view that if someone told me I needed a second trip round the operating theatre, I’d be fine with it. I don’t see it as half as scary as a craniotomy and I dealt with the discomfort and headaches better than I expected really. So I’m very positive about embolisation as a treatment for a brain AVM and I’d love to encourage you to relax about it as much as me. Honestly, I think it is only craniotomy that really bothers me.

It’ll be interesting to know what your scan shows and what your doctors recommend as next steps.

Here to cheer you (and anyone else) through 2022!

Richard

1 Like