Hair Loss

I have lost most of my hair due to the embolization operations and the gamma knife treatment. Do anyone know how long before my hair will grow back in and what it would be like? My last procedure was the end of September.

Linda
I lost my hair also. Mine took 1 1/2 years and I am still trying to get it to the length I want but I have very long hair. Don’t get discouraged everyone is different. My hair that did come back in is curly and I have poker straight hair. My new hair is almost at a good length so I plan on a hair cut and getting a perm so it all matches.

Lee Ann

Lee Ann said:

Linda
I lost my hair also. Mine took 1 1/2 years and I am still trying to get it to the length I want but I have very long hair. Don’t get discouraged everyone is different. My hair that did come back in is curly and I have poker straight hair. My new hair is almost at a good length so I plan on a hair cut and getting a perm so it all matches.

Lee Ann

Hi Linda
I lost my hair after my embo and it started growing back after 6 months and like Lee Ann it came in curly but the longer its getting the straighter its turning. My hairdresser also told me to take Sea Kelp and Brewers Yeast tablets, take care.

ya, I’ve had the hair loss thing. Still having it, but it isn’t falling out in chunks so much any more as just lots of hair in my brush. It’s funny cause the other girls have said their “new” hair grew back curly, and mine did to!!! I wonder why that is. I have totally straight hair, the kind that won’t curl no matter what you do to it. But once it got longer and really “grew” back, it straightened itself out.

As for how long it will take…I guess that kinda depends on how quickly your hair normally grows. But it will come back, don’t worry.

Shalon

Hi Linda
My son hair was lost in the back of the head due to Embolization but after 3 months, now is regrown for 90%.
Do not worry.
Yours is last due to Embo or Gammaknife?