Had a bleed on the brain during pregnancy last year, just had an angiogram as a follow up

I had a cerebellum AVM in August last year, it was slightly bigger then a golf ball, I was 21 weeks pregnant and was only found when it bled. Almost lost not only my life but my unborn child’s as well. It was embolized and removed. It’s been a few months over a year, I still have pains in my head. I just had an angiogram last Friday, I was never told about how sick and sore I would feel, I feel slightly angered by this. What is the recovery time when having an angiogram???

Hi, Zoe - I'm sorry, I can't speak to angiogram recovery time, but I was just struck by your profile pic - your little baby is such a doll! Congratulations - I am glad you both survived the scariness and the horror.

Hi Zoe, I had a cerebral angiogram done in April. I unfortunately had a left sided TIA or stroke, so my report says. I ended up staying in hospital the weekend. I knew I had gone loopy but nobody told me I lost movement on my right side, had a fluent aphasia and failed to follow commands. If I wouldn't have gotten a copy of my report I would have only known part of my issues. When the neuro on call came around on the Sunday, he said I looked much better and said I could go home. I asked him if it was just a blip and he said yah - that sounds good and off I went. If you have any questions about your procedure please get a copy of the report. Luckily my complications were temporary and I feel like myself.

Take care.
DeeDe

You may wish to contact your doctor. Perhaps you had a reaction to the dye. Most people do recover faster. Please keep us posted!

Thanks girls for your replies, I’m so sore still and I went to the doctors the next day as I was unsure how I was suppose to be feeling. He said it’s normal as I likely have internal bruising and nerve damage. The pain is as bad as my cesarean pain. As I said just angered no one told me. All I want to know is this pain going to go away soon.

I also get tired easily, not great when I have a very active 10month old lil man! :slight_smile:

So sorry about the pain. I hope it gets better soon! Sending waves of positive healing energy your way!

Zoe..I also think you should contact your doctor as I did not have a hard recovery when I had my angiograms. Hope you feel better soon!

My angiogram was done just below my cesarean scar, I went to the doctors yesterday and I was told I likely have internal bruising and nerve damage. So is a week a long time to still be sore?