Goodbye AVM...UPDATE

Update: I have decreased my head pain, and increased my energy! I recently turned 53 (or am I newborn w/o AVM :)?), and started back at gym. I am now up to 2 miles on treadmill. I started slowly but am improving...thank the lord. I urge other post surgery patients to not rush...let your body get as much rest it needs. Slowly add new to do things in your days. Families need to not push patients to do more until they are ready to ... always support your AVM family member!!

On another note, I too have lost alot of hair. I wondered why and just read another blog about radiation from embolization that contributes to hair lost. I much appreciate how much I learn from others on this site.

As always, my thoughts and best wishes are here for my AVM families.

Take care,

Marie

On 9/28, my AVM was embolized. I was in pain later in evening; a CT scan was taken. The brain was swelling, and the interventional radiologist staff contacted my neurosurgeon. Around midnight, Dr. Martin called my husband to inform him that surgery was moving up to 1am! I was in surgery for 7 hours. I was in ICU for about 5 days. I was on antibiotics, and my right lung was in pneumonia. After 11 days in hospital, I was discharged from UCLA on 10/08.

There is so much I do not recall because I was on medication and sleeping so much! I am recovering at home, and have little energy. I have also lost most of my hair! My head continues to feel numb where the incision is. At this time, I feel sad (for lack of energy and not feeling normal) yet relieved my AVM is gone. I think about everyone and wish the best for all.

For those who reside in SoCal, I do recommend Neil Martin in UCLA. He has an AVM Program.

Good by AMV, I’m looking forward to that day. Congratulations Marie

Marie,…

Congratulations on your very successful surgery. I send you my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

“Atta Girl”,…^5

Your friend,…

William

How wonderful Marie, I’m so very happy for you and your family!!!

Congratulations, Marie! Isn’t it wonderful when you know your AVM is gone!

I’m so happy for you, the worst part is over. hope every day brings you a little more energy, and rest often to help your brain to heal.

God bless!

Hello there,

I’m so happy for you that your AVM is gone! I hope that your recovery goes well.

Best, Leslye

Congratulations! Continued best wishes.

CONGRATULATIONS Marie !!!
I am so HAPPY for YOU !!
Since you are in first stage of recovery I shall be happy to HAPPY DANCE for you …remember it is always one breath , one moment , one task , one day at a time . Rest , sleep , heal .
Be good to you . Take care of you .

Congrats, Marie! Now you have the rest of your life ahead of you. :slight_smile:

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR ENERGY I FEEL THE SAME WAY BUT AND SO GRATFUL AND BLESSED TO BE AVM FREE. I HAVE LOST MY HAIR AS WELL BUT BEIN AA I CAN FIX THAT LOL SO NOW WANT GIVE IT A SECOND THOUGHT. I WILL JUST BE SO THANKFUL WHEN I GET MY OLD SELF BACK STAY BLESS AND REST THE WORST IS OVER.

Hi Marie,

I’m so glad the AVM is gone, and I hope your energy comes back each day.

All the best,

Debbie