Getting Ready for Round 2

I had external veins that appeared to be involved in my DAVF. From what I can remember and checking back on my story I’d say the external soreness of those was for up to 3 weeks, 4 weeks max and I believe they got filled with glue as well. So sounds important to ask about. What I’m wondering is whether it is due to you having your treatment in 6 stages: having closed off part of your AVM, the altered flow is starting to disrupt other veins: i.e. you’re getting the discomfort from some external veins being back-inflated by the new flows, a bit like I was prior to surgery. Surely the plan is to resolve this but during the various stages, it seems reasonable to get different effects as parts are closed down.

I think it is also possible that the doc’s plan changes as they observe what you’re going through each time. Important to tell them what you can feel.

If it’s any consolation, my luck doesn’t run any better than yours! I was also given a query diagnosis of macular degeneration in 2016. It turned out not to be but gosh 2016 was a fun year.

Good luck!

Richard