Get stressed out so easy now?

I don't know about anyone else but I find myself getting all stressed out about stuff now. Or maybe I notice it more now. I don't know, but I get all red on my neck like I have hives or something. If I had to leave this job I have now I really don't know what I would do. Any little thing out of the ordinary and I start feeling like I want to yell or something. I feel like I am panicking or something. It is a terrible feeling.

I went through a phase like this for a couple of years, it was terrible. I guess it's also normal. I was very conscious of the effect of my actions on others around me. However I gradually start to master my emotions, it was not easy. I pray a lot, whenever I notice that I am getting stressed. I also learned meditation and some breathing exercises. One simple way is to count to ten breaths.

Great advice James, this is something I am dealing with too, Melissa. I have never handled change well, like meltdown when plans change last minute. I used to have to detail every minute of am event or trip before I could get excited about it or enjoy myself. As I became an adult, I learned coping skills and had grown some patience. About a year and a half ago, I noticed my temper was short again and little things that used to just annoy become unbearable and bringer to tears. I am still trying to keep it in check but its really exhausting. Now I delegate pieces of the trip or party out to my older kids and hubby. Zack always helps plan bday parties now, just the stress of planning can shut me down for days.

Me too. I don't get hives but, if I get to over whelmed. I will have a seizure. I've been diagnosed with chronic anxiety. It all started 2 1/2 years after my GK treatment along with many other symptoms that I didn't have before. Anything out of my normal will often throw me off balance. Ironically, I have to sleep. I'm not kidding. I feel so exhausted that I have to sleep. It's not a normal 'being tired". I get the feeling that I'm going to pass out and I have to lay down soon. Within minutes, I'm out for about 1/2 an hour. Then I'm fine. I don't get it but, that's what happens with me.

Ben