General anesthesia

I had a gamma knife 21 months ago (non bleeding). Also, I have long needed an surgery that involves General anesthesia. Does anyone know how this will affect AVM / are there risks?
thanks a lot for answers

1 Like

I have had multiple surgeries since my massive brain hemorrhage and gamma knife radiation. Although I was considered high risk during these treatments, I never had any complications. The anesthesia ranged from a twilight to full anesthesia to get my gallbladder out. The one anesthesiologist told me that although I was high risk, at least we know about the AVM and that’s taken into consideration. He also told me that although it was a teaching hospital, he wouldn’t have any residents or interns doing any of the procedures, so that might be something to mention as well. Good luck with everything!

1 Like

I had some hernias repaired under general after my bleed and gamma knife. My neuro had no concerns and was consulted by the surgeon who did the hernias. I think there is quite a few variables but easy to suggest the consult just to make sure all is good. Take Care, John.

1 Like

Just keep researching about your specific issue! Eventually, I bet you will come up w/a few ways for you to look into!

1 Like

Way back in the late 1990’a, that IS what I did! I met @ 5 neurosurgeons to see who wanted to tackle MY AVM. Lots of research, but that God I did. After strokes during 7 brain surgeries…I HAD WON, & this is my FAB 2nd Life!

1 Like