Quantcast

Frightened

Hi. I found out I have pavm,s back in August last year by accident. I had double pneumonia and had gone into respiratory failure and almost died of sepsis in ITU. I had my avms done by embolisation on Thursday. It was a hideous experience. My mental health condition of anxiety, depression and BPD…borderline personality disorder, made it so frightening. After the procedure the surgeon told me I have an even bigger one higher up in the lung. How in heavens name am I going to conjure up the courage to have that one done. I feel so frightened and alone.

Diamond,

Hello again!

I’m sorry you’re having such a tough time of it. I was rather hoping that having made it successfully through your first embolization, you’d be ok about a second.

It’s a difficult thing to ask about but why did you feel your experience on Thursday was so difficult? I’m hoping that by sharing we might help you.

Best wishes,

Richard

Hey, thankyou for replying so quickly. I think I am frightened because every time I have to go into hospital, which seems rather a lot…lol. I suffer complications. I was in Itu after routine appendectomy that turned into a life threatening respiratory failure. Before that I had a hysterectomy and developed an abscess afterwards that also became sepsis. Lol…sounds like a novel, but it’s true. I suspect I’m being unreasonable and silly, but I am really afraid. I’m sorry if I seem miserable or a pessimist. I’m really not, I’m just a frightened lady. :two_hearts:

Ok, so you’ve been pretty unlucky to have had a really bad time so far!

Was there anything difficult about your recent embolization or is it a bit of an exception, so far?

Diamond, you’ve had a tough go of it with your hospital experiences for sure. I had gamma knife so can’t speak to the embolization part with any personal knowledge. I do know that you’ve been unfortunate in your experiences, although it sounds like the embolization procedure may have gone as well as possible given the circumstances. We are quite a group here with a wide variety of experiences, you are certainly among friends. Hopefully your most recent experience and some planning time can put you in a good place for future treatments. Take Care, John.

Hello.
You are NOT unreasonable and silly. You are a very tough person. Just admitting you ARE scared is brave. Some people can’t do that and that’s what you needed to do. Im taking a chance because I’m new here but i think that we aren’t just sympathetic, we are empathic for you.
Stay the course, girl and ALWAYS ask questions … and for help.

• T :heart: