Forgetting things

Now I don’t want to be a worry wart!

But I want to ask…

I’ve never had memory problems (including prior and after surgery) and my embolisation was 5.5 months ago and in the last week since I started work and got mild eye and headaches, similar to prior to surgery but milder…ive got memory and word issues

I’m not too concerned about the sudden recurrence of mild eye and headaches with work… I’ll just watch them for now

But the last 7-10 days, first time in my life, I’ve been doing the “walk into a room and totally forget what I was here for” quite often. Or completely lose chain of thought or forget what I was doing/ talking about or cannot remember a word or how to pronounce it

Oh and at work I’ll be looking for a tool and I’m looking straight at it and I’ll ask my offsider if hes seen it and he points straight to it and im looking 100% directly at it and it’s the only tool there! but i cannot see it for the life of me… if that makes sense

My body feels PERFECT though. Nothing limb or tingling. No crazy headache

I guess I’m looking for reassurance that these kind of things can just be stress (even tho I’m happy and not stressed) etc?
Obviously I realise it could be something too BUT it’s generally just “humans” isn’t it?

My logic is this… because I know I’m subconsciously a little worried about the head and eye aches… my brain is probably stressed and making errors and picking up on little things like forgetting things and subconsciously making it worse by being more stressed and then forgetting more… does that sound plausible? like a snow ball effect but it’s just stress often?

Thanks

Where was your AVM located and did it ever rupture? How big was it? How did the surgery go?

Occipital lobe. Unsure exact size but large. Didn’t rupture. Surgery apparently completely obliterated it inc all feeders

Thanks

Well one thing my doctor best explained to me was that for people like you and me that work doing multitasking we seem physical healthy but we sometimes forget where we put things even if it’s right in front of us. My doctor said it’s just our brain gets tired faster. My dock said it’s like if everyone else’s Brain was at a race they get to run while us that have had brain surgery we have to swim. We will still finish its just we are tiered faster.

1 Like

This is the only bit that bothers me, TBH. I have been able to walk into a room and not remember why since the age of 7 or 8, so I take that as normal for me, but the struggle to look up a word sounds brain-related. I don’t know which bits of brain do what, so I can’t say whether that seems likely re a occipital lobe thing (seems less likely to me but what I’m saying is I’m no expert) so I think something to mention to the doc.

What I do believe strongly is that settling down post op takes a long time, so I’m not really surprised that you’re having things go on at this stage. I got into more dizzy spells at about the 6 month mark and I had some scans at 12 months but nothing untoward was seen.

Worth mentioning, I think.

The other thing I’ve read in this forum often enough is to stay well hydrated. Some people get more headaches if they don’t pay attention to hydration and I think I’ve seen people report other issues that are alleviated with good hydration, so worth making sure that you’re looking after yourself well in that easy-to-do self-help way and see if it makes a difference.

Best wishes,

Richard

Thanks. I will mention it. If say it’s stress. But I’ll definitely mention it :slight_smile:

1 Like