Flashbacks

Hey,

As i was washing my hair in the shower i passed my hand through my avm scar (huge) and i just remembered not being able to walk, stand or do anything on my own. I started to cry..why am i still so emotional? does anyone go through this?

Face it Nay,... That was a traumatic experience you've been through and you've come a long way. Those memories are bound to pop up every now and then. It takes time, sometimes a long time, to finally come to terms with it and put it to rest.

I had a concussion on January 22, 1981 (I was 19 years old). I was in a coma for 3 days with only a 50/50 chance of living. When I got out of the hospital, I would black out on an average of 8 times a day. One time I was going to the bathroom (standing up)and the next thing I knew, I was laying in the bath tub. Here I blacked out and fell backwards. That was one of many types of incidences I had. It took 4 months for the black outs to stop. It took me longer to recover from some of the other problems it gave me.

Having told you that.... Every time January 22 came around for the next few years. I would get very, very nervous and I would not leave my house (my parents house, I was only 19) till the next day. Yea -- I was traumatized from that experience. I eventually got to the point where it didn't bother me any more. Oh.. I still remembered the date (obviously) but, I didn't think anything of it.

I hope this helps,

Ben