First st appt

WELL I HAVE MADE MY FIRST ST APPT FOR MONDAY THE 28. I AM A LITTLE NERVOUS. IT IS MOSTL FOR COGNITIVE ISSUES I GUESS. NOT QUITE SURE WHY I HAVE TO GO. LET ME ASK THEM QUESTIONS 2 DAYS AFTER BRAIN SURGERY AND SEE HOW WELL THEY DO. IT MAKES ME NERVOUS. I MAKE MY LIVING AS A NURSE AND ITS THE ONLY THING I HAVE EVER WANTED TO BE IN MY LIFE AND I AM AFRAID THEY ARE GOING TO TELL ME THAT I AM NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO MY JOB. IM SURE IT WAS MOSTLY ALL THE MEDS THAT I WAS ON. I THOUGHT I DID PRETTY GOOD. EVEN THE THEARPIST WHO EVALUATED ME DIDN’T THINK I WOULD NEED FURTHER TREATMENT. UNLESS SHE LIED TO ME IN THAT CASE IT WASN’T A NICE THING TO DO. WELL I GUESS I WILL JUST GO TO THE APPT. AND SEE HOW IT TURNS OUT. THANKS FOR LISTENING!!

I had to go to ST also, while in rehab. Every day for 30 days. I never understood why I needed it. But the speech therapist was the one to do the swallow test on me and that allowed me to eat in my room instead of at the communal rehab dining table. I’m sure yours is for cognitive issues also, that’s part of what they do. I thought I was doing well until they gave me a fake check book to balance and I couldn’t do it! I hated it every single day, would beg them not to make me go, but you know what? It helped! Even if it didn’t fix any of my deficits, it at least gave me strategies to use to compensate for some of them. So you’ll go and be surprised at how much it helps! Good luck!