Finally having my operation to remove my AVM!

hi i went to see my consultant yday an i have finally been given a date to remove my avm (nxt wed 10/9) im sooooo looking forward to having this AVM removed but can honestly say im more than a little scared!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Amanda. I would be more worried if you did not say you were scared. Perfectly normal reaction. Just focus on the word OBLITERATION. Please keep us posted!

Good luck!!

Congratulations and Good Luck!!!

Awesome news! Prayers for a quick and complete recovery, keep us posted!!

It is very scary to think about. I had a long talk with my daughter when I found out I was going to have surgery. My husband and my daughter spent hours with me before surgery and were there waiting for me when I woke up. I had surgery on a Friday morning and was released on the very next Tuesday. That was 2-1/2 years ago. I pray you have the same recovery or better than I had. May God Bless and stay close to you.

Good luck on your surgery my prayers and thoughts will be with you next wednesday

Amanda, where is your AVM? and where will you have it done?
we will all be praying for you.

Cindy1313

Hi Amanda! It’s so totally normal to be scared, but it’s SO WORTH IT to go through this and get it done :slight_smile: Good Luck to you and I wish you a speedy recovery :slight_smile:

good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes for a safe surgery and a speedy recovery!

Yea I know just what your going thru. I'm getting my 2nd procedure on my AVM Sept. 23rd ,2014, and I am going out of my whiz-in. But as every one has been telling me, I have to have FAITH! So keep your FAITH!!! And I will keep you in my PRAYERS!!!

Nothing wrong with being scared Amanda. I was scared before my surgery too, but just keep thinking about the end result of no more AVM. Best of luck and let us know how everything goes for you when you are able to do so. :)

Amanda,

Sending you prayers and good thoughts!! I didn't know I had one until it ruptured. Glad they found yours before that and are going to take it out. This group will be here for you afterwards. There are lots of people on here who went through exactly what you will.

HUGS...

Tina

You should see much success!! Godspeed.

Hi Amanda,
I had 2 AVM’s I now have one thanks to surgery in March this year. I see my consultant on 17th for more surgery to remove the last one. I agree you wouldn’t be normal if you weren’t a bit scared, I have to say my first surgery was a bit pioneering as it was 21 hours with 21 pints of blood. I can’t begin to tell you how it feels to say I only have one now & fingers crossed this side of Christmas I will say none! My next surgery will only last 8-9 hours & I’ll only be in hospital 6-7 days which is amazing when you think they’re working on my brain! Good luck & sending positive thoughts, prayers & massive hugs xx

P.s Please remember after surgery you & your body still need time to recover it’s a crawl/walk not a run x

Good Luck!!

Stay Strong & Positive, Amanda..You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Best of luck Amanda .

will say a prayer for you! best wishes on a quick recovery!