Finally gave in and got a medical bracelet

Just picked my medical alert bracelet after work today. I've always been hesitant to wear one, because I don't like for people to know my business. However, this bracelet is very inconspicuous and doesn't shout to the world "keep an eye on me, please!" I don't know if I'm the only that has ever felt that way, but at least my family and I will have a little reassurance when I am out traveling alone. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the great weather this time of year! Take care. GK

MedAlertBracelet1
medalertbracelet2

Hum. It's funny (odd) that you mentioned this. I'm 52 and I live alone. My family has suggested I wear one too. My problem is - I don't like to wear a bracelet. Heck, I don't even wear a watch for that matter (hee hee).

Can I ask: What does your's say on it?

Hey Ben, second photo..... VP SHUNT RT BRAIN AVM

Greg, thanks for planting the seed.
Ben Mrl, I’m the same way, so I just ordered a chain to wear around my neck. Okay, some call it a necklace, but I prefer chain. :wink:

I like the chain idea. I have never worn a bracelet before either, but I am getting used to it and even play golf with it on. Honestly, I haven't taken it off since I got it, simply because it's a real pain in the ass to clip it on! haha I always wear some sort of rubber, awareness bracelet anyway so this one just adds to that wrist. GK

Hey Tim,
That's a good idea. A chain I would wear.

Greg, thanks for the idea, I never would have thought about it before your blog. When I asked for opinions, it quickly became apparent that there were to many good reasons to wear one.

Tim, my pleasure. Initially I thought I would never wear one, but after my latest shunt malfunction I realized if I were alone and something happened they wouldn't know where to begin!

Greg,

Been thinking I may need to get one. Anyway, before the bleed I was an avid cyclist. A typical ride would be at least 30 miles. Anyway, I wore a Road ID. It's for cyclists, runners, etc. It is a rubber bracelet with a stainless aluminum band that one could engrave contact numbers, medical info and the like. I had the numbers of my older brother and his wife. When the paramedics took me to the hospital, I gave them the Road ID so that my family could be contacted.

Greg

That's a good idea, Greg. Something inconspicuous, yet effective. I think most probably already know, but I just recently recently listed my contacts in the my iphone emergency call option, in case my phone was locked if something ever happened. GK