Fatigue

How long will my fatigue last? Will I be okay getting back to work? How long before I’m back to work? any responses asked for.

I had my surgery in Jan. I went back to work on May 3. I am still only part time in the office, 3 days for 6 hours and then I work from home to keep myself at full time hours so I can still have my health insurance. As far a the fatigue goes I have no idea I am still not running on a full tank. I don’t fight naps. If I am tired I figure it is something my body needs. My nuero dude also told me I should still take nap anyway. He said that there were connections that were lost or moved from surgery and they all need time to redo themselves and the time that occurs the most is during sleep. In fact I have permission to take naps at work. In a print out he gave me it said 2 things that shocked me 1. No multitasking and 2. Take naps. The whole no multitasking part made me laugh! Life is a multitask! I was also told to go back to work as I feel I am ready. Even though I work a limited # of hours in the office I work most from home and that lets me stop when I need to. My employer has been wonderful during all of this and they don’t want to see me leave again and for a good reason. When I returned to work I found they hadn’t finished work from 2009! Yes while I was dealing with my head they dropped the ball big time! Needless to say when I found all of the incomplete work I was upset and asked that the person, my boss, who took over my responsibilities while I was out to take it back and finish it like they should’ve months and months ago. They couldn’t do without me for 6 months so I now know my job is safe and secure!

I hope you start to feel a little more energized soon and your transition back to work is at your pace so you don’t get overwhelmed. Best of luck to you dear!

Jamie Pantelis said:

I had my surgery in Jan. I went back to work on May 3. I am still only part time in the office, 3 days for 6 hours and then I work from home to keep myself at full time hours so I can still have my health insurance. As far a the fatigue goes I have no idea I am still not running on a full tank. I don’t fight naps. If I am tired I figure it is something my body needs. My nuero dude also told me I should still take nap anyway. He said that there were connections that were lost or moved from surgery and they all need time to redo themselves and the time that occurs the most is during sleep. In fact I have permission to take naps at work. In a print out he gave me it said 2 things that shocked me 1. No multitasking and 2. Take naps. The whole no multitasking part made me laugh! Life is a multitask! I was also told to go back to work as I feel I am ready. Even though I work a limited # of hours in the office I work most from home and that lets me stop when I need to. My employer has been wonderful during all of this and they don’t want to see me leave again and for a good reason. When I returned to work I found they hadn’t finished work from 2009! Yes while I was dealing with my head they dropped the ball big time! Needless to say when I found all of the incomplete work I was upset and asked that the person, my boss, who took over my responsibilities while I was out to take it back and finish it like they should’ve months and months ago. They couldn’t do without me for 6 months so I now know my job is safe and secure!

I hope you start to feel a little more energized soon and your transition back to work is at your pace so you don’t get overwhelmed. Best of luck to you dear!

katrina johnson said:

Jamie Pantelis said:

lthough, theres no that says how long you rest so get it in when you can. The more healed you are the less you will require. Secondly, theres been such an attach on you body your immune system may need some help! I’m not a doctor so I can only tell you that taking vitamin C, D plus a multivitimin and Wheat Grass keeps me feeling like I can run a marathon (maybe I wiil!) Getting moree leafy greens and cutting out sugar and bad fats also helped!

This is a great question! I am still tired a lot too and really worried about that since i am going back to work Full Time on Tuesday. I have been on disability for 3 months since my brain surgery on April 2. I have not been taking naps (actually sleeping) during the day anymore, but i do lie down in the afternoons which i do most days. I also have the ability to work from home, but i really need to plan ahead to be able to do that (around meetings and stuff). Im pretty nervous about going back to work and will give you an update on this next weekend. I think I will atleast try to work from home once a week so ther is at least one day i can rest when i need to. Errr im realizing i dont have much of a plan about this yet!

Larisa Diephuis said:

This is a great question! I am still tired a lot too and really worried about that since i am going back to work Full Time on Tuesday. I have been on disability for 3 months since my brain surgery on April 2. I have not been taking naps (actually sleeping) during the day anymore, but i do lie down in the afternoons which i do most days. I also have the ability to work from home, but i really need to plan ahead to be able to do that (around meetings and stuff). Im pretty nervous about going back to work and will give you an update on this next weekend. I think I will atleast try to work from home once a week so ther is at least one day i can rest when i need to. Errr im realizing i dont have much of a plan about this yet!

I seem to have a problem with jumping into things with two feet! I’m glad your taking your time and figuring out what works best for you! Best of luck!

I had my bleed/craniotomy on November 7th./. I went back to work on January 4th cuz I had no choice. My kids have to eat. I had to jus suck it up and get through the day and thats all I could do…get through the day then come home and sleep. Now 8 months later, I still have good days and bad days and many days I still have to take a nap in the afternoon. If I don’t get a full night’s sleep forget it. I cannot function the next day