Father of avm daughter , new need help

Hello My name is Mario Ontiveros and my daughter was diagnoised with avm on Friday, this is my daughters comment below.

my name is lacey rouse i am 27 year old mother of two toddlers i just found out i have a large avm and am experiencing the sound of the blood rushing through my avm whenever i sit or lay down. i dont have insurance and no one will help me do you know where i can go anyone?

My daughter has grown to be a beautiful loving caring mother and wife, she has two beautiful daughters that are the joy in my life, This all happened so fast , My wife and I need your suggustions as to the best way to help and support are daughter, we know very little of avm but we are leaning fast.

I have known of some teaching hospitals that offer free or sliding scale clinics. Maybe you can check those out. You are usually seen by the residents/interns, but they are closely supervised by the staff MD’s who are some of the most knowledgeable and experienced out there. Hang in there. I know it’s hard when you have toddlers to care for.

Thank You so much for your comment, I look forward to establishing friends for support

You may want to look into the Cleveland Clinic. I believe they’ll treat you there without insurance. Dr. Peter Rassmussen is amazing and they have great technology there. He sees several AVM patients a week. I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me for more info if you’d like.

Good Morning Shana, Thank you for your info it is very much appreciated, thnak you for caring

Mario, I’m so sorry to hear about your daughter. I have a daughter the same age. I have an AVM myself, one of my first syptoms years ago was the sound of the blood rushing through the left side of my head. As far as where to go without insurance, I would recommend any teaching hospital. I have insurance, but I go to Loma Linda Hospital in California which is a teaching hospital. I know other people that have gone there without insurance and they work with them to pay what they can and when they can. From what I’ve learned, most teaching hospitals are willing to work with patients. I will add your daughter to my prayer list. Take care.

Hello Judy

Thank you so much for the information and prayers, My daughter and family will be making discisions as soon as possible and all the info we get is valuable to us, have a great day

Good Morning Everyone

Thank You for all your prayers and suggestions, it’s been a long 5 days for us and the power of prayer seems to have prevailed again, My daughter Lacey and Dr Kassam were speaking late yesterday afternoon.

Dr Kassam has sent Lacey forms that need to be filled out for the Hospital, The hospital has a Charitable group who may be willing to absorb the medical expenses facing my daughter, She needs to submit all the proper paper work to the hospital if all goes well and we expect it will the charitable group will come through for us.

When my family and I reached out to you for help and suggestions you all responded with overwhelming concern and kindness, Thank you again for your prayers and suggestions as they have been very helpful and comforting we sincerely appreciate you.

Thank You Again
Mario & Karen