Eye Muscle Surgery Phone Pre-Op today

Thank you Ben, Trish, and Patti... much appreciated!

(Love my coffee... got to have that. ;) )

Oh, Ben, Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Balls inside with whipped Peanut Butter icing = OMG, heavenly-oh-so-good! Cookie Dough ones and these Peanut Butter ones were my little (immediate) 'rewards'. ;)

Cindy. Either you’re going to have send some of them up to me Or I may just have to come down there. LOL Oh… I can bring Duncan Dognuts coffee with me. I don’t know if you have that down there or not but, it’s really, really good.

@ Ben: Would definitely send you both kinds (they're soooooo yummy)... just have to figure out how to get them there QUICKLY (because they need to remain refigerated b/c of the icing). :) Uncertain whether any 'mail delivery' companies with 'next day or overnight' delivery options provide 'refrigerated options'.

Trying to plan a get-together... hopefuly sometime soon. And of course, you are more than welcome to join. Would be great to me you in person.

Duncan Donuts coffee in the South = yes... sporadically nowadays (for actual locations) but are also available in our grocery stores here. (Also have Starbuck's too.)

How are you doing?

I would love to come to your get together. It would be nice to talk to you in person. :)

Your cupcakes, Mmmm. I'll pay for the shipping. Here's an idea -- Freeze them and then ship them (?). I think UPS sells an insulated packing/box. I'm not sure.

Found this again and thought I’d share (b/c it shows how a person is viewing things with double vision). (Because wording seems to be VERY important sometimes, I admit that I honestly wasn’t sure what to call mine (double vision?.. blurred vision?.. distorted vision?.. etc.) exactly in order for the doctor(s) to really understand what I was seeing/experiencing.)
Hope this helps someone:
http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/double-vision.htm

Just wanted to throw this tidbit of information out here (in case others are in a similiar situation = vision issues): Had the eye muscle surgery (and some of the double vision has been resolved - that I view is a success even though I still have some double vision) and I've been searching for exercises that 'strengthen the eye muscles' (thinking this may help resolve the remaining double vision problem). In my pursuit to find these exercises (as well as other exercises to do for my lingering symptoms of dizziness, etc., I've ended up reading a TON of sites/pages on the internet (AGAIN... grrrrrr, so tediously slow to get the helpful information one wants/needs when one hasn't got a lot of time to spend searching) and came across this:

http://web.missouri.edu/~blowc/pt8690/vest/vestibular-Gill-Body-CEU.pdf . While I'm looking to find rehabilitive exercises for dizziness and strengthening (eye muscles, fingers/hand/wrist, arm, leg, facial muscles (just in case since strokes do/can affect facial sides)), I came across the above site and found it very interesting (&, of course, never was told the 'broken down' relevant details/information from any therapist or other avenues of information, etc.). Originally, I thought if I came up with an exercise schedule that incorporates head-eye coordination or hand-eye coordination that my dizziness would subside (at least to a 'tolerable' level); however, I am definitely going to include more 'vestibular exercises' (for BOTH types of 'vestibular disorders') in my list of home exercises to perform daily. I wanted to pass this link of information along so others whom are experiencing 'vision difficulties' & other symptoms can have a better understanding of the vision aspect, etc.

Hope everyone is doing well! Please take care!

For vision:

Been eating carrots (& tomato products, etc. - foods & supplements good for the eyes) but think this is worth a try:

http://blog.visionworksusa.com/index.php/antioxidant-astaxanthin-he...

http://www.naturaleyecare.com/astaxanthin.asp

Found out about a week ago about 2 things that MAY be of benefit:

(1) Horizon makes an Organic (cow) milk with DHA and it tastes pretty good that might benefit any of us that has or had a brain AVM.

(I enlisted others to give me their taste-testing opinions about the taste of the milk & they all liked it. My eldest daughter, who doesn't like the texture of Coconut milk, liked it. My mother, who is one of those types that 'you just can't please 100%' even liked it.)

(2) DHA supplements

Okay, so what's good about DHA for us? Well, apparently DHA is good for brain function (memory), eyes, and heart health. I'm willing to try ANY thing (as long as it taste good or is quick to take) that may be of benefit to help me recover (regain or restore the ability) and keeps me away from having to see any additional 'medical personnel' (no offense - rather, in our medical situations, we really see a lot of 'medical professionals' and that's WAY-WAY-WAAAAY too many for my liking - ;) ).)

Just remember for your own safety: PLEASE ask a pharmacists to make sure whether ANY supplement/item will or will not interfere with anything you are taking BEFORE you attempt to consume something!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

I am bumping this up a notch in case any new members would like to read it!