Exercise with a partially clipped brain aneurysm

Can I work out? How much can I work out? Will the increase of blood flow to my brain cause my partially clipped aneurysm to burst? I want to work out so bad but am kind of scared…Let me know!!

Hey Krystal! I asked this of my doc following my craniotomy and he said that I was cleared to do cardio and light-weight strength training, but I was to stay away from anything overly strenuous, namely heavy weights. That being said, my AVM was completely removed, so my situation is slightly different than yours. I would imagine your doc would probably say about the same as mine, but it would probably be a good idea to run it by the doc first.

It sure didn’t take very long to warm up here in OC recently, has it?

Krystal,…

Ask your physician, or nurse practitioner.

I mountain bike,…work out on my eliptical,…work out with resistance band training (Tower 200),…jump rope,…run,…push-ups,…pull-ups,…sit-ups,…just a good basic exercise program. But that works for me and not necessarily for you.

Your physician or nurse practitioner will have the correct answers and program for you.

With whatever exercise they will allow,…In the beginning, I would suggest something very light, like stretching, then with time and flexibility go into more serious exercises. But above all,…listen to yourself and monitor your heart rate and blood pressure. Please don’t over do it. Learn to listen to your body.

Krystal,…again,…your best bet is to check with your physician or nurse practitioner.

I hope this helps,…

William

Howdy. The reason I’m here is, well do any of you suffer motor control because of your AVM? I have lost symmetry. Poor use of left shoulder and hand. Walk with a limp. running, biking things I used to do decades ago are now gone.

I want to exercise.

OK, thanks William

William said:

Krystal,…

Ask your physician, or nurse practitioner.

I mountain bike,…work out on my eliptical,…work out with resistance band training (Tower 200),…jump rope,…run,…push-ups,…pull-ups,…sit-ups,…just a good basic exercise program. But that works for me and not necessarily for you.

Your physician or nurse practitioner will have the correct answers and program for you.

With whatever exercise they will allow,…In the beginning, I would suggest something very light, like stretching, then with time and flexibility go into more serious exercises. But above all,…listen to yourself and monitor your heart rate and blood pressure. Please don’t over do it. Learn to listen to your body.

Krystal,…again,…your best bet is to check with your physician or nurse practitioner.

I hope this helps,…

William