Entry #2

So I’m officially cut off of everything; physical therapy and speech are important to me and they just stopped. They stopped speech because there has been no improvements in my movement. You know how horrible I feel? I feel like everyones giving up on me? I would do this whole surviving process again over and over if I was certain I’d be able to call myself pretty again or at least look at myself in the mirror without being disgusted.

This isn’t fair, no one understands and if I talk to someone about my feelings or thoughts, I would just be wasting my breath. I’'m so tired of it all :frowning:

katrina,
u r beautiful,
what has happened can never take away your beauty…i can understand how u feel i remember feeling that way after my surgery when i was left completly paralysed with only a whisper of a voice …i was given the worse prognosis by docs …told i would never walk again or never speak louder than a whisper or with tone and expression again…but then i refused to let it depress me anymore…i thought if this is meant to be is up to me and im ganna change it…i began looking for the positive in every situation …i began feeling grateful for being alive…and when i began doing this it was amazing the things that would happen …my left leg slowly started moving …and i then began walking …my speech returned to 100 % in 8 months time …now 2 years down the track i am walking a km a day docs cant believe it …and why all because of a shift in attitude …and lots of hard work of course…its hard but it can be done…it does take practice but u must believe in yourself and all you want your life to be…the challenges and changes will only help you find the dreams that you know are meant to come true for you…i am always here for a chat …stay strong…sending you lots of positive energies to help you through this rough time xox

Katrina,

I know this is so difficult even for adults, I can’t imagine how tough it is for a teenager. Believe me when I say it can get better.

I’m so sorry they’ve stopped your therapies, but maybe you can continue some of these on your own. Perhaps your family can help you with this. Do you have someone who can advocate for you as far as trying to get your therapy resumed? Sometimes situations can be reviewed and you may be able to get the therapies reinstated.

I’m pretty new to this site, but from what I have experienced, you have found a wonderful group of people who really do understand how you feel. I think you’ll find a lot of support here on this site. You’ve probably heard this before, but it is true; sometimes you just have to take things one day at a time.