Embolization tomorrow 5/11

Chloe! Thats excellent! What a blessing it is to have a procedure go so well. Are they concerned that the onyx glue can dislodge or any of that? Can any major issues occur at this point where they need to monitor it?

He didn’t mention that. Does that happen he never said anything about it. Did they mention that to you at all? And how long have you had it don’t for ? There is a lot of anxiety with this every headache I worry .

1 Like

Don’t worry(I know, I know) relax

You seem to be doing very very well!

Was Onyx used? If so, what weight(18 or 34) - how many cc’s?

I can fill you in on a lot of info if it is Onyx - I’ve done more reading on this than I did on any other subject

I’m not sure what weight they used. I can look at my paper work and see if it’s in there .

Ask them(most likely at your angiogram follow up), I had a whole set of questions I wrote down prior to my angiogram follow up

Weight & Quantity
Any devices used(coils, clips, etc.)
Anything left behind(catheters do get lost)
You already stated the obliteration they are shooting for(97-98%) - same chances they gave me & hit 100% on the 1st try
Any conflicts - with exercise, weight lifting, meds you take & so on

Follow all of their recommendations, it’s definitely in your best interest

I have all of those questions answered by my neurosurgeon on a recording. . . Might as well give my self the best chances possible, just in case - ya know

Sounds like your neuro team did good work

1 Like

Ok I will do that thank you for the advice . I will definitely ask him these questions. Thank you and I will look at the paper work . But I would hope if anything was left behind they would tell me and yes he is the best guy around here where I live

2 Likes

Well, I wanted to be as thorough as possible

I had about two dozen questions I needed answered

Everything so far has been spot on

I don’t blame you I will ask those questions though. Thank you for the help .

@Chloe

If it helps, I had decent headaches for at least a couple of weeks post embo, might have been three or four weeks. While an embolization seems like a very unintrusive treatment (and compared to a craniotomy, it is clearly a lot less disruptive) it isn’t without effect. You’ve had vessels closed, you’ve had foreign material (not least the contrast used for the angiogram) flowing round your brain and you’ll have breathed out the solvent. Naturally, the brain and body get a bit upset by all of that and it’ll take a bit of time to settle down.

Take it easy for a few weeks. If you’ve got a repeat visit in about 6 weeks time, take that as the point that you should be clear of the worst of it. I’d hope you’ll be clear of the worst of it in 2-3 weeks.

Very best wishes,

Richard

1 Like

Thank you . Yes I have a very mild headache nothing crazy. I just feel very tired but my mind wants to go I have anxiety anyway so this has ramped it up a bit.
I will call my dr next week just to see when I can just start doing some walking the dogs and normal life again .
I’m hoping the 2 percent left just goes away like the dr thinks and I’m done with this .
Thank you for all the kind words this group helps so much

2 Likes