Embolization & GK or CK?

My doctor suggested the treatment plans for my AVM yesterday.

The combination of embolization and GK or CK, depends on how small my AVM can get after embolization.

My AVM is about 3 x 2 x 1cm big, from brain stem to pons area.

Has anyone had your AVM treatment like me? If so, would you mind to share your experience with me?

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Mariko

hi mariko, i never had that type of treatment, i just wanted to say stay strong and keep positive. we are all here for you and you are in my prayers xxx you will be just fine.

I had 2 embolization which was originally suppose to be 4. But i had the 2 done 4 weeks apart and then I had my gamma knife 2 months later. Everything for the most part went fine. I was sore and stuff but nothing major went wrong, or anything. I just vomited alot after each embo, not sure why. My guess is b/c i was given some anestesia and i think it just bothers my system. I did have very bad headache after each procedure. But then again I have headaches all the time. I wish you the best of luck and everything will be ok :slight_smile: If you have more questions just let me know bye Andrea Itโ€™s scary but what isnโ€™t with an avm right!