Embolization Didn't Work, Looking at Third Gamma Knife

I’m recovering from a failed attempt at venous embolization. I had the Gamma Knife in 2007 and 2012 (both low doses) following a 2006 bleed. Between Gamma Knife surgeries, my team tried embolization but they couldn’t do it because the artery hooked and was not direct to the AVM. Meanwhile after the second Gamma Knife, the AVM grew back and bled last August. (Outside of the brain, luckily, so no brain injury.)
This week they tried venous embolization, only to discover during five hours of surgery that there are two veins from the AVM area, so blocking one would have caused a stroke. So it’s back to waiting for a third Gamma Knife date. :tired_face:
I wish this was over with, but since I was young during original treatments, the AVM grew back. Wish me luck!

2 Likes

I wish u much more than luck - so sorry to hear, def prayer from my end to you - just hearing what others go through really hits me

So sorry to hear, try your best to stay strong

Julia,

You don’t seem to be having a good run of it, so definitely “good luck” from me!

I don’t know what else to say. You deserve a better outcome. Hopefully, you’ll get there next time, even if it takes a long time for the radiotherapy to work.

Very best wishes always,

Richard

1 Like

Wishing you the best, that is quite a run of misfortune, you are do for some good luck! Since you are from Canada maybe look at HSC Winnipeg Gamma Knife, they are crazy good and might give you a different opinion. I had Dr. Kaufmann, he was awesome. Take Care, John.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! :two_hearts:

Hermione:

I pray that you and your doctors can find a definitive solution to your AVM dilemma’s. You’ve been through a lot, but you are still in the fight. I offer you my tried and true remedy for dealing with my AVM … P&P (Prayer & Patience). Sending good thoughts to you and wishing you the best of luck.

Sharon D…

@Hermione711 You are so strong! You will get through this!

Thanks, everyone. I’m dealing with some PTSD from my last surgery, especially. The anesthetic was in my system for so long that my whole body was tingling for two days.

Big hug from me :green_heart:

1 Like

Wishing you all the best Hermione. Good luck and hope it works this time around!

Thanks for the love, everyone!

1 Like