Edema in face after surgery

Since my surgery 8 months ago I noticed several problems with edema - mainly in my face.... Its independent from my month cycle, which I thought was responsible for it, but I went to the gynaecologist to let him check my hormon stats - but all ok as well as my blood examinations...but I experience water deposits reound my eyes...on one place of my forehead - right side (surgery side) and sometimes even in my hands...I didnt have that before urgery. Sometimes the skin of my face feels totally stretched. - When i first noticed that, I trhought i had totally dry skin and tried to cure it with lots of lotions and oil, but nothin helped..till my mum once looked at me and said that my face is slightly swollen. It follows no rules....its independent from weather, time, date, and it comes and goes, but I dont know how to influence it. Did anyone experience things like that? and what could help with that...I controll my food alreday. use less salt and other spices, I eat healthy and I am active outside with walking or riding my bike..but nothing seems to help...Any advice would be appreciated...

Manux, have you told your neurologist about the edema? I wonder if you could have a cerebrospinal fluid leak. Or if you have been on steroids, that would cause edema.

I had my first follow up mRA today and will see my neurosurgeon on monday for the results...I will ask him then for his opinion, I was on steroids a few days after surgery in hospital to avoid brain swelling...never after...will se what he says...