Driving Problems

I get that. The link I shared has some pretty cool combinations, even electric, and they ship nationwide. I think it could be ok.

(They have some pretty uncool ones as well. Don’t take the title images as the only option for each category).

I also have balance and coordination issues. I bought some of those Nordic walking poles; the ones people use for hiking in the woods. They help a lot with stability, but I must admit I still feel a little foolish. But I haven’t fallen, and that’s the main thing

1 Like

So I had 3 a strokes. I’m calling them strokes because essentially they are. Yes I had driving problems and I couldn’t drive for 2 months. My second stroke when I was in the hospital for a month, I had to drive with one eye covered. Both eyes were shut because of the surgery and I had to tape her be to drive. Again it was several months even after I had surgery.

It takes time. You’re eyes adjust. I have double vision still and no depth perception.

1 Like

My balance issues are so annoying. I even got stopped at the airport because people think I’m drunk all the time. I don’t even drink

Update: I am now actually officially driving!!! It took me quite a while to get here but I went through an amazing program and had a fantastic driving instructor up in Columbus, Indiana to get me to where I am today!!! I’m not driving at night yet and don’t officially have my own car but it’s a huge step- as you could tell, I didn’t know if I could ever drive at all, but now I know that I can! So I just wanted to post this and encourage those of you that are scared you can’t do things you used to do: you may be able to- you just have to work hard at reaching your goals. And if you just can’t get back to where you were, DO NOT think any less of who you are. Brain injuries and the effects of them are no joke, cannot be taken lightly, and will cause effects. It’s your decision whether you’re going to let those effects define you or not. Keep going, know that you’re amazing, and keep pursuing your goals!!!

5 Likes

Congratulations. You are on your way to gaining a bit more independence and that’s a big step.

Merl from the Modsupport Team

1 Like

That’s a great share!

I completely agree with you. A positive attitude and determination to do positive things is the way to go, though in no way easy and some things may be out of the question.

Really inspiring! Thank you,

Richard

1 Like

Thanks for your update, @hpowell! I’m a mom whose son is currently undergoing a series of embolizations prior to open surgery. We’ve been prepped to expect right field vision loss due to his AVM’s placement. He just turned 15 and I understand your anticipatory worries because I have them for him as well. I’m happy to see how well it’s worked out for you!

1 Like

I can imagine- my mom felt the same way when everything happened! It’s such a huge thing- I certainly hope it goes smoothly for your son!!!

1 Like

@hpowell congrats and your update was inspiring. That’s exactly what we all have to do. Accept and forget what we can’t change and do what we can and focus on the good :slight_smile:

@Mike5 I am not sure the reasons for 2 guys that ride tricycles around my area. One is about 20 years old and the other about 50. But for sone reason I think the tricycles look kind of cool!

1 Like

Mike, if this is what gets in the way of your pride, let it go. I think you’re one of the world’s encouragers and it’s great to have you nudge us along the way from time to time.

Never think any less of yourself because of your injury and :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: anyone who does.

2 Likes