Does radiosurgery apply to ruptured avm?

Thank you so much Sharon for the encouraging words.I’m so blessed to have you all.We’re patiently waiting on my brother’s radiosurgery.As of now,all we can do is to pray that no bleeding occurs as we wait.So far so good.
How’s your recovery now?Hope you’re doing well.
God bless us all.

I am doing well, thank you. All things considered, I’m doing GREAT! I still have Vertigo, but I’ve learned not to make any sudden turns, and not bend down and up too quickly, or the room spins. My next Angiogram is due in August. That’s when I’ll find out when or if I’m going to get Gamma Knife Radiation again. AVM’s involve a whole lot of waiting, and a lot of patience. When and if your brother gets upset with you, or speaks harshly to you, remember its the AVM, its not him. I’m wishing your Brother all the best. God Bless.

Good to hear that you’re doing great.Praying that your angiogram this August show positive result.My brother’s attitude is getting better now.And we also improved our patience towards him.In God’s time,we will overcome this and live life again with no worries.
Thank you again and God bless us all.

1 Like

Hi
I did SRS for my ruptured AVM in year 2015.
So far no much of side effect except brain swelling but medicine was prescribe
to handle that.
I did angio in March 2018 & now I’m totally cured.

2 Likes

Hello,
Just an update.My brother had his SRS today.He is doing fine.He had some headache but he’s ok.About 4~7% is the only chance of rupture according to the doctor.He’s under observation but the doctor said he can go home tommorrow.I’ll keep you posted again on his road to recovery.
I would like to thank you all guys for the advices and for sharing your experienced when we are clueless and worrying a lot.It really helped us.
Thank you again and God bless us all.

1 Like

That’s what we are here for! Most of us arrived just as you did and found others here to encourage us along and answer our questions.

Very best wishes to you all!

Richard

2 Likes

Great to hear it went well Calo. I agree with Richard, most of us arrive here with little or no knowledge associated to these things. I got immediate support and info that made my start in the AVM world so much easier to navigate. Take Care, and the best to you and your brother! John

Good day everyone!
Just want to update about my brother’s avm.6 months after his srs(tomotheraphy),his avm decrease in size.the doctor said that it seems that the veins clogged already.he only takes his anti seizure med every other day.he still have some headache and dizziness sometimes but other than that he is doing fine.just want to thank everybody here for supporting and sharing all your knowledge when we are lost back then.God bless us all!

1 Like

I just wanted to mention that I’m a Chemical Engineer who had surgery and gamma knife 29 years ago. It’s not been easy and I’ve had to make adjustments. However, I’ve done pretty good as a chemist. I’ve made adjustments and concentrate on areas such as solving problems and creating ideas while getting others to help with the organization and details.

2 Likes

That’s awesome!!! I’m a chemical engineering graduate, reading your post is brings me alot of encouragement :smiley: do you have any advice for me starting my career?

Merry Christmas!

Corrine

Corrine

I hope you have a good job to start with. Do you have a mentor? Working with older people can help learning all those details not mentioned at school. Also, join a local professional organization. Those contacts help in the future.

Good luck

Al

Here’s a headhunter. https://www.marvelconsultants.com/

Hi Al,

Very sorry for such a late response! Been hectic on my end.

No I haven’t got a Mentor or joined a professional organisation! I’ll have a look into it!

Thankyou for the link, I’ll keep an eye on it incase a relavent position turns up.

Delayed Happy new year!

Corrine