Does anyone know of any experienced AVM doctors in Chicago they could recommend?

I’m going to be in the Chicago area soon and would like to see an AVM doctor if any one can recommend one. Thanks, Kim

Demetrius Lopes at Rush. He did a successful embolization for my husband, he’s very accessible for follow-up, he treats you like a human, and he has great credentials–a number of “firsts”, and he’s on the cutting edge of new endovascular treatments. His website: http://www.chicagostrokemd.com/

I think there’s actually a profile of him on THIS site, too.

I was going to say Loyola in Maywood… I know they are pretty cutting edge with various technology and treatment options…I dont however have a neurologist to recommend… Good Luck to you.
Kristin

Hi Kim - I just messaged you for more information! I just had Gamma Knife here in Chicago with some wonderful doctors that I can recommend, just message me back!

Kim,

I just had an embolization done by Dr. Ali Shaibani, at Northwesten Community Hospital in Arlington Heights. He is wonderful. I can’t say enough good things about him. He’s Assoc. Professor of Radiology & Neurosurgery at Northwestern in downtown Chicago.

If you’d like to chat on the phone email me and I’ll give you my number. ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Kim

Dr. David Frim at the University of Chicago Medical Center.

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I should have included where my AVM is located on me. It’s my left ear, scalp and in the salivary gland. I had an embolization and surgery in 2007 but the AVM came back right away. Is Dr. Shaibani a brain AVM doctor? Thanks so much for you reply. Kim

Kim Palmer said:

Kim,

I just had an embolization done by Dr. Ali Shaibani, at Northwesten Community Hospital in Arlington Heights. He is wonderful. I can’t say enough good things about him. He’s Assoc. Professor of Radiology & Neurosurgery at Northwestern in downtown Chicago.

If you’d like to chat on the phone email me and I’ll give you my number. notsunkyet1@comcast.net

Kim

Kim,

I’m not sure how to classify him, he does practice Neurosurgery, it wouldn’t hurt to call his office and ask if your type and location of AVM is something he’d treat.

Kim

Kim R said:
Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I should have included where my AVM is located on me. It's my left ear, scalp and in the salivary gland. I had an embolization and surgery in 2007 but the AVM came back right away. Is Dr. Shaibani a brain AVM doctor? Thanks so much for you reply. Kim

Kim Palmer said:
Kim,

I just had an embolization done by Dr. Ali Shaibani, at Northwesten Community Hospital in Arlington Heights. He is wonderful. I can't say enough good things about him. He's Assoc. Professor of Radiology & Neurosurgery at Northwestern in downtown Chicago.

If you'd like to chat on the phone email me and I'll give you my number. notsunkyet1@comcast.net

Kim