Does anyone know of a padded sock to assist getting up from the water when boating?

Hi Folks - this summer I went out on a lake boat and a motor boat and I went swimming. I have a proprioception deficit on my entire right side so I slip a lot when I try to get back on the boat. I made it up ok. Also, I am 60 years old and overweight. So, does anyone know of something I could wear on a my feet when I go up and down on the boat ladder?

I’ve been seeing people using stand up paddleboards wearing little water socks, something like this. The search term that I used was “water socks”

Sharon from ModSupport

1 Like

It’s been a while, ice to hear from you! Interesting question, and not sure if someone like an Occupational Therapist might have some options. The only think I can think of off the top of my head is neoprene swim socks. There are several different varieties, some for scuba, some to wear inside running shoes and then some specifically for swimming. I have a pair made by a company called ORCA, link is here: Orca Neoprene Swim Socks | Buy Online in CANADA
I used them during an event I was in, good fr swimming and ended up jogging across a beach and a little ways further with them. I would imagine they would prevent slipping on a boat ladder.

Take Care, John

1 Like