Does anyone in here have a sign of depression because of this disease?

I have been a gambler for a long time and now I am off of it for about a year and three months after going thru Core. It was a great program in order to wake me up about the worrisoms, and worries of my family. I am finally back on track with my finances and sort of things. eeeehhhhhh!!!

Hi Troy
I have bouts of depression on and off. Over the 37 years I was strong until the past four. For many years I only dealt w/the terrible migraines. It got me down but not depressed. My true depression started when my daughter was diagnosed w/cancer. She has recovered but when more and more side effects starting occuring and the difficulties with the procedures for this AVM my depression has come back. I keep telling myself I am luckier then most and lecture myself all the time. It can be hard dealing with everything because of this disease but try and stay strong. The friends we have here are wonderful and are always here to help.
All my best
Lee Ann

Troy,
Yes depression is a major factor in all this for me. This AVM has changed my life and I liked my life before all this! So proud that you kicked you addition. It’s hard to do! But don’t be so hard on your self…we just don’t know what the effects of this thing does to us even before the bleed or operation. I have read so many stories of people acting out before one of these things happen so maybe your addition is part of this stuff. Just a thought. Never the less …proud of you! You did it! …also I have found panic disorder is also a prelude to all this. Amazing right…who would have thought?
Sending Angel light and love…d

Yes I myself suffer on and off with depression. I think the only thing that got me through my teens, was hoping there was some reason I go through this ok. I’ve found that the only way to get over it is to lean on God for help. Depression has desabled my mother and I wont let it get the best of me. But take courage, try to focus on the things you do well and don’t dwell on those you can’t. Keep a positive out look and as best as you can use humor to help you.

Just remember that if you are taking an anti-seizure med…It is a depressant!!!
Read the labels.

Also to be diagnosed with an AVM is a major illness…how depressing is that? :frowning:

I was actually a bit surprised when my shrink told me I was depressed, and gave me meds to lift my spirits.
Ok, so I was a Goth when I was young, and I’ve always been a little bit on the ‘dark side’ but I never really saw myself as depressed because I always managed to find something to cheer me up again. Ok, so I had suicidal thoughts once or twice in my life, but that doesn’t mean I’m actually going to do it, right?
I was on Duloxetine for a year and had the feeling it only made my depression worse! For most of that time I was in psychotherapy trying to sort out my head, and of course when all that talking and crying and working out old issues didn’t help I got even more depressed about the whole situation. With all that hard work, and pouring out my entire life in front of the therapy group I still couldn’t help myself, and kept stumbling and limping through life.
In April told the psychiatrist that I didn’t want to take those pills anymore, and he said it was ok. Thank goodness, I don’t want those darned chemicals messing with my head anymore. Not that they helped much in the first place.

Troy: Yes I have to fight depression every day. Mostly due to the uncomfortable things that have happened to me since my surgery. The state I find myself in right now sometimes is overwhelming. I have to stop and remind myself that I am lucky to have a second chance. Even if I can’t workand drive. Mike O’Brien

Stacey put a smile on your face and be happy every day…

Troy:

I am extremly depressed and I feel as though I am a burden, have nothing to look forward to and I was wondering how long it would take to fill my lungs up with water and drown

Mary,

There is drugs that can help you. Please go get checked out you will feel much better.

SAY LEE ANN,

THERE ARE DRUGS THAT CAN HELP YOU WITH THE DEPRESSION. COME TO FIND OUT AFTER BEING A GAMBLER FOR SO LONG. I WENT TO CORE IN LOUISIANA AND THEY PRESCRIBED TO ME PROZAC WHICH HELPS MY DEPRESSION BIG TIME. I NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH MY DR. I SAY LAST YEAR AS A MATTER OF FACT. I HAVE BEEN OFF OF IT FOR ABOUT TWO MONTHS NOW. I AM FEELING FINE BUT I’D RATHER BE ON THE STUFF. JUST FOR THE REPROCAUTION FACTOR.
YOU KNOW HOW IT IS JUST CHILLIN TODAY IN THIS OFFICE ON THIS COMPUTER.

SINCERELY,

TROY

it is so True Irene. And good luck and well wishes.

Troy,
I think we have all suffered from depression …I to have had my moments…I have just accepted my way of life now and continue to work on me. The ones around me fight it because I’m choosing myself for once in my life! It is hard and a lot of work, I hate meds…think they f%^% me up more so I will go it alone…with the grace of God and all the Angels. Yes I cry, feel lonesome , hurt by others…but no more! I have survived for a reason…just don’t know why yet. But I believe they will show me the way. “Sometimes one must go on faith alone” and so I will. All my friend and family with the exception of a few…understand…the others run the other way> …So my friend…it is only you…no doc. in the world can fight the demons that this AVM stuff brings on! We are different! So we have to show strength…only the fittest survive! We will conquer this…we are at the forefront of this disease! And we will set the example…in the mean time…we have each other here to vent…and be loved! So hold on my friend…it will pass…have faith…surrender it up…it is beyond us to handle. We only can push our self as far as we can. Together we stand…We all together will fight this thing for the next generation…I’m standing today…and pray I continue to! I’m to mad not to. That is my motivator! I will get stronger for me…dammit…I lived and so did all of us who have this stuff! we HAVE A PURPOSE …together we will understand!
Sending Angel light and love…d

Donna:

I love your positive thinking.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Mary

Liam:

Thanks for the advise. I am headed up north Michigan tomorrow and I will be able to face my dream head on. My family has a cabin about 3 miles back in the woods, right on the river. As with most of my dreams, I wake up floating down the river and meet my husband. When he died, his ashes were spread in the river. this is my reoccurring dream.

I am standing at the top of a set of stairs, wearing this long free flowing white dress. The wind was slightly blowing so that the bottom of the dress was swishing against my legs. This dress was similar to the one I used as a bathing suit cover up, I was a lot skinnier then and the dress looked very pretty. Not fancy or frilly, just simple white cotton. It made me feel very comfortable and pretty. On my way down the stairs, I picked a bouquet of wild flowers. I especially liked the forget me nots. The forget me not’s were planted around Paul’ memorial marker. I stood at the waters edge for what seemed to be a long time. The wind was making a gentle rustle sound in the tree leaves and I could hear the sounds of nature, birds, frogs, and a few other animals I was unfamiliar with.

I had an overwhelming feeling of peace and serenity, the sun was starting to set and it sent a beautiful calming color over the top of the water. I was looking around at the water, trees, & sky and taking in all of the beauty nature has to offer. When I glanced up to the sky, I could see the bald headed eagle coming back to it’s nest, just around the bend in the river. The eagle was is no particular hurry and she slowly soared down low enough so that I could see her eyes. She seemed to wink at me as to assure that every thing was going to be all right.

As you can see, my dream is not yet finished.

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars”

Mary

Thanks Troy, but I have been on too many drugs already.

Mary

Liam: I’m glad your still with us. We all have opportunities to touch others in a positive way. People helping people. I love that old song. “Count on me” We really all need someone to lean on once and a while. God Bless you my friend. Mike O’Brien

That is wonderful, Troy…good for you!

So very well put Donna.
Are you in that picture that is bye your name or what?

that is good whatever works.