Do you know of any?

One of the things I really like about the “social media” craze is the proliferation of “apps” that hospitals have and the ability to e-mail your doctors. It doesn’t work for things you need immediate answers, but if it is something that you don’t need an answer right away (or if you have a hard time speaking - like I do) e-mail is a great way to have conversations with your doctors and ask questions where it’s not urgent. I’ve told them, if I feel it is urgent, I will pick up the phone and call or my wife will call. If I e-mail you a question, it is more of a “Hey Doc, when you have time, let me know what you think.” Of my 14 docs, 13 of them have been very open and appreciative of it.

Anyway, I was exchanging e-mails with the Otologist at U of M and was describing the not only lack of hearing but also the distortion that I get in what little hearing I get from my left hear (Google Alvin and the Chipmunks). She didn’t know of any answers but directed me to a “clinical trials” website that the University of Michigan has for any of their medical staff for the research they are doing and suggested I keep an eye on what’s going on there. I’m going to do that.

But that brought up a question - do any of you know any other medical facilities that are doing research in, any of this, but I’d say predominantly hearing and tinnitus that might want to have a medically weird case like me to try to help?

Thanks to you all for keeping strong - even when we want to crawl in bed and make it all go away…

Tj