Do you exercise?

I FIND THAT EXERCISE AT FIRST WILL DO SOME GOOD BUT AFTER A FEW DAYS I FIND THE BODY IS NOT AS STRONG AND MUST QUIT BECAUSE OF THE AVM

Edward, I have lived 36 years with my rather large avm, and refused to let it control my activity! I competed in basketball and baseball up until college, and have always stayed healthy in the gym. Mostly weights with some cardio. I did used to run about 10 miles/week before my last symptoms. Since my procedures, my strength has returned and I’m in the gym every morning mon-fri. Depending on ur age and the deficits the avm may have given you, I think that exercise is a nice escape to normalcy, and is a way to keep our minds and bodies strong…Just sayin’ -GK

I find that aerobic exercise (exercise that requires a lot of oxygen) trigger my seizures so I try to avoid that.
Since the AVM tend to “steal” blood during high pressure, more gentle exercise like yoga can be an option.
The best exercise for me is swimming, I am able to swim 2 km (2000m) in one go, so I try to swim twice a week. I never get out of breath while I am swimming though.
Afterwards I feel pleasant exhausted but not more than my body can cope.
We are all different and hopefully you will find some exercises that will fit best for you :slight_smile:

I walk and play with my kidos. I also bought a hula hoop the other day and aside from having mad hoopin skills I can feel it working my abs. Yoga is a good thing too. Not only do is relax you it is very low impact. I also have a Wii and after a few rounds of boxing and bowling I feel like I did a small work out.

Wii Sports. It’s a good workout. Then I do, pushups, situps, and walk my dog. If I keep it up, I feel great. If not, I’m sore. The exercise helps my “depression” if you will. The meds are not kind to your mind!