Quantcast

AVM Survivors Network

Do you ever wish you had a sign?

I DID AT FIRST BUT NOW WHEN I BUMP INTO PEOPLE OR THINGS I JUST LAUGH AT MYSELF AND THANK GOD I AM ALIVE, MOST OF THE PEOPLE I BUMP INTO ARE AT CHURCH AND THEY ALL KNOW SO I JUST KEEP RIGHT ON WALKIN AND SMILIN. NOW WHEN I BUMP MY HEAD SOMETHINES I SAY GIRL YOU NEED TO WATCH WHERE YOU GOIN MORE BEFORE YOU KNOCK YOURSELF OUT. NOW WHEN OR IF I GO BACK TO WORK I MIGHT HAVE TO WEAR A SIGN TO LET THEM KNOW I COMIN AND DONT RUN ME DOWN.

THAT’S RIGHT WHAT IS THEIR EXCUSE, BUT I JUST KEEP RIGHT ON MOVIN, JUST LIKE THE SCARE IN MY HEAD I AM NOT GOIN TO TELL EVERYONE I SEE WHY IT’S THERE IF THE LOOK TO HARD I MIGHT IF THEY DONT I JUST TRUN SO THEY CAN SEE IT BETTER

WOW!!!! i love that!!! i feel the same way, i wish i had a sign... actually i have a shirt that says " i survived brain surgery" hhah my sister got it for me:) but people would look at me like i was drunk or rush pass me and i would almost fall down! some people!!

Ditto on your sign story, but it wasn't the treadmill that caused me grief. I got knocked in the head by a weight machine when I bent down and lost my footing while someone was pushing up with a weight machine. Then I freaked out cuz I was afraid I'd have another brain injury. I think I completely freaked out the woman using the eqipment that clocked me in the head. I couldn't expain to her why I was sooo upset. I hate falling over in public, which happens more when I'm crazy tired. I often wonder what non brain injured people think of me in these situations. Why I care is beyond me. Really we should just be proud fpr being up right and mobile!!! Thanks for listening to my ranting!

Outstanding write, and so true.

Sometimes when people are really offensive to me and don't seem
to have a clue what I have been through... I almost want to wish
that they would have to go through what I have(what we have!), but then
I stop because I would not wish that on anyone on earth.
Even them.

I know this is an older post but this sums up mynew life perfectly!

Mike, I’m both sad and glad you found some familiarity to it. I wish none of us could relate but so glad some do. It gets better. You just have to settle in to your new normal.

Trish; thank you. I would never wish this on anyone but it helps to know someone else is dealing with and understands my struggles.