Discussing my issues IS hard & difficult

For info, an ANON account is one where someone decided to leave the community. Rather than delete posts when a person leaves (and leave conversations that no longer make sense) the mechanism in the site is that a person’s account is anonymised. Thus ANON won’t reply to your email. They can no longer login.

This prompts me to say that site recommendations are that you don’t give your name in the posts that you write but just rely on your username. This makes the process of anonymisation of accounts effective. However, it is a bit impersonal, so I tend to write my name in. I’d much rather have a great interpersonal relationship with the people in the forum. However this means that if I leave the forum, I need to think about the personal information I’m sharing and that it will always have the label “Richard” with it.

If anyone has wider questions about this area, ask them in the FAQ or Site Feedback categories.

Hope this helps. Unfortunately, ANON won’t reply.

Best,

Richard

I’m going to close this topic. If anyone wants to discuss further the difficulties of discussing our hidden illness with others, do feel free to start a new topic. There is another topic already current.