AVM Survivors Network



I was in an accident. I was rear-ended by someone at 50 miles/hr. This knocked me out and gave me a concussion. I missed two weeks of work. I have been seizure free for many years, at least 5. This past Friday, I am no longer seizure free. I was involved in an accident and don't know what to do? I am a bread winner and a man. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks.


I don’t have a good answer for you, except time to see a good doctor. Hopefully you still have a doctor who knows about your previous medical history. If not, time to pull out all the records and start that awful doctor-shopping routine. Good luck.


I am not a lawyer, but I think if you got rear-ended by someone they are at fault? If that has caused you consequences you should def seek the advice of a lawyer. Now , in regards to your seizures, I agree with Armand in that the best thing that you can do is consult a doctor, preferably an AVM specialist.

Best wishes and keep us updated.


Definitely seek the advice of a disability lawyer in your area. They're the ones everyone calls "ambulance chasers" but they get results! And definitely see your doctor. It may be time for anti-seizure medication if you're not already taking it.