Cured!

I just updated my profiled, but I thought I would post here as well. I had my follow-up MRI and neurosurgeon appointment at Stanford yesterday, and I am officially AVM-free! My scans were completely clean, and Dr. Steinberg said I shouldn’t have any further problems (except perhaps seizures when I try to go off the Keppra). I don’t even have to do any follow-ups with a neurosurgeon! No more MRIs! No more angiograms!

I still have an EEG at the end of this month to see whether I have any seizure activity. I’m really, really hoping to get off the Keppra, since I don’t know how much more I can take of the irritability and irrational anger. Other than the Keppra rage, I’m feeling pretty good. I still get fatigued more easily than before my bleed in December, but otherwise I have nothing to complain about. I haven’t had any headaches, my incision doesn’t hurt (although it does still itch), and I don’t have any concentration or memory problems. I consider myself very lucky!

Thats supper exciting!!!

Hi Jenny! It is so nice ti read your story. I wonder why your doctor dont want MRI for the next five years. Thats what Daniel doctor said to us.