CT Scans after bleed

Just curious-- I was a little in delerium after my brain bleed but I think I had 10-15 CT scans after my bleed. Anyone had the same experience? I know the radiation from the CT scans is not good! I'm wondering if it's "normal" to have so many scans!

You didn't say what period of time this encompasses. It isn't too unusual to have 2-3 scans in the first 48 hours then daily scans for a week or so after that. You will get more scans if your neurological exam changes- trying to make sure that the bleeding is stable. The absorbed dose from modern scanners is lower than older scanners and WAY lower than Gamma Knife treatments.

I had a lot of scans for about 3 years after my bleed. I glowed.

I have had a few CT scans also during my bleed/operation and as much as the radiation is not good for you I figured there wasn’t much of a choice as MRI’s aren’t as accurate from my understanding… God bless!

Hi Eric- If you are concerned about all of the scans you've had, please make sure you check with your doctor. For your case, maybe MRI's are a possibility for you instead of a CT scan. Please let us know what your doctor says should you choose to speak with them.

I had many CT scans too but i'm not sure how normal it is!

while I was staying in the hospital after my bleed, I had a CT scan almost everyday for about a month. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

So I guess it’s not that dangerous if they do one CT Scan per day. So you think you had 30 CT scans?

I have had 30+ CT scans now and about 8 angiograms that are 10x the radiation of CT scans. I know it is best not to have so many, but I was never told it causes any severe damage. I would just check with your Dr. and see but I haven’t had any underlying complications :slightly_smiling_face: Hope this helps!