Countdown has begun, tomorrow MRI and then the day after embolization!

Best wishes for your surgery and for the beginning of becoming AVM free.

Allan - Best of luck in the coming days on your procedures, as you get closer to being AVM free. Please keep us updated.

I had embolization and spent one night in the hospital after. They got 80% of it then I had radiation. It took 3 years but it worked and I am completely avm free. I did get a really bad headache from the procedure but they gave me medicine in the hospital which have some relief. Good luck man.

Good luck to you Allan.

Good luck on the Embo!

Allan, best of luck tomorrow. It should be a breeze, in comparison to what you have experienced.
I went through 3 embolization's. The first one they kept me overnight. The second one I had to stay two nights. They got into the meninges and that nocked me for a loop. I was on a pain pump and then on a pain patch for 4 months until it settled down. The final one was minor so I was released that evening.
I still have my AVM but it has decreased in size. I probably wont have anything else done to it because of the neurologic problems that I am now dealing with caused by all of the radiation received.
Food luck and hope to hear how your experience was.

Hi had several embolisations radio therapy too. Normally I had 2 days in hospital after surgery, at the end I felt guilty having a bed when another person could benifet from it. I still have that a blaise opinion but I can I’m aloud.

Wishing you best of luck and a fast recovery. Take care!

best wishes, post your experience after embolization. I had one funny incident during procedure.

Allan,

I wish you the best that can be!
Have faith and everything will go as schedule ;)

You’ll do great and life will be much easier, after your procedure…!

I had a scary-butted, 14-hour craniotomy that was performed by one surgeon.

Best of luck, Allan! I hope everything went well with the procedure. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Just be patient with yourself, the process. Though embolization is less invasive than craniotomy and improvement takes less time than with gamma knife it's still a process as the brain recovers from the procedure and adjusts itself to the changes.

Good Luck and God Bless!

Wishing you the Very Best ~ Stay strong, be well, God bless

Allan, be patient with your progress and expectations. Ur in God’s hands & my prayers.

Thank you so much for All the kind replys… The operation went well,Even though i have lost some vision in the let eye. But I think it Will Come back. They Will keep me in the hospital for the weekend to do mri scanning and talk next step. I think this Will have a great result og my symptoms :smiley: i Will keep you posted :smiley:

Hi.
Nice to hear the embo went well:) I also got some visionproblem after embo, black round spots in my right visionfield. But it got back to normal after a while, im shore it will for you too:)

Have a nice recovery and dont stress, it was “only” an embo, but still, it was an operation.

Take care:)
Hege