Quantcast

Conceiving after embolisation

Hello, I know this has been asked countless times but how long after uterine avm embolisation were you able to conceive? Doctors said they didn’t damage my fertility and I ovulated exactly one week after the procedure but I’m afraid of the radiations used during the embolisation and their effect on the eggs :cry:

Hi

I’m hoping that one of the @PelvicAndUterine ladies might help you. Best wishes,

Richard

Thank you so much!

I had my uavm embolized in September of 2017 I stopped birth control in January 2018 and conceived in April of 2018. My radiolisgist told me to see a gyno about conceiving I never had the chance but have a great one now because I am considered high risk. They monitor me very closely and I have an ultrasound every 4 weeks as they are watching the growth of the baby closely. I’m not sure what they used to embolize your avm but it is worth getting clarification from a qualified obgyn. Hoping for good things for you,I know how scary this all is, it seems really hard to get concrete answers because it’s so rare.

Thank you for replying and happy and healthy 9 months :heart_eyes: well i should say 5 now :heart:
I’m now scared about adhesions/scars now cause my periods are regular but so light they almost are only spotting :sob: