Coma's & AVM's

Has anyone had a friend or family member in a coma as a result from an AVM. OR maybe you were in a coma yourself as a result of the AVM. My cousin has been in a coma for 42 days as a result of the bleed from his AVM. I was just hoping to hear other’s stories of thier experiences

Not sure if anyone has told you about the book, “My Stroke Of Insight” by Jill Bolt Taylor. She had a stroke and was in a coma from an AVM. It is her story of her recovery. I also know of a girl who had a massive bleed at 9yrs old and was in a coma for 3 mths. Today she has some paralysis but did survive and can walk and talk. I think you just don’t know at this point… hang in there.

Joy, The book by Taylor was so insightful, Since my stroke, it has been hard to read, my dear long time friend adviced and pushed me to read it, I DID IT! took a while but it was sure worth it. Thanks for bringing it up, made me feel grateful.

Joy said:

Not sure if anyone has told you about the book, “My Stroke Of Insight” by Jill Bolt Taylor. She had a stroke and was in a coma from an AVM. It is her story of her recovery. I also know of a girl who had a massive bleed at 9yrs old and was in a coma for 3 mths. Today she has some paralysis but did survive and can walk and talk. I think you just don’t know at this point… hang in there.

I was in a coma following the rupture of my AVM (in 1990). I was in the coma for about 2 months, give or take a bit. From late June, until the end of September.