Clumsy

I have always been some what clumsy but I have noticed since my diagnosis in Febraury (no bleed) it has become excessive. In the past few days I have upset milk at the dinner table three times, broken two dishes and tripped/stumbled countless times. In addition to that I keep losing my train of thought mid sentence and using the wrong words/can’t say the right word. I am wondering how much of it is psychosymatic or has it always been this bad? Granted I do have a lot on my mind (literally :wink: Input anyone??

Hi Stephanie. I read on your profile that your AVM is located in the frontal lobe. You might find this link interesting...

http://www.neuroskills.com/tbi/bfrontal.shtml

For whatever this is worth...my sister by her own admission is a total klutz...and she never had an AVM bleed. Go figure!

Stephanie, you’ve just described my every day! I did have a bleed/surgery…etc. I can’t turn my head without it making me dizzy. I look like I’m drunk when I walk sometimes. I am constantly bumping in to things and knocking things over. Of course, some of this is due to my visual field cut but some of it is just the way it is for me now. My husband always worries that I’m going to fall down the stairs one day when he’s not here but I just have to laugh at myself and, of course, try to be very careful so as not to really hurt myself! Oh, and I constantly lose my train of thought and forget words!

My husband insists that I carry my phone always and if I don’t respond to my texts he will call to make sure I’m ok. I am legally blind in my right eye but I have no memory of anything different. Of course according to my doctors it’s not related to my AVM, nothing is, lol. I am getting frustrated because I feel like frequency of accidents is increasing. New question - how do doctors actually diagnose seizures?

Trish said:

Stephanie, you’ve just described my every day! I did have a bleed/surgery…etc. I can’t turn my head without it making me dizzy. I look like I’m drunk when I walk sometimes. I am constantly bumping in to things and knocking things over. Of course, some of this is due to my visual field cut but some of it is just the way it is for me now. My husband always worries that I’m going to fall down the stairs one day when he’s not here but I just have to laugh at myself and, of course, try to be very careful so as not to really hurt myself! Oh, and I constantly lose my train of thought and forget words!