Chat Room Confusion

Thanks to Squeaker96 of Fibro Community for bringing up clarifications about the Chat Room.

Here, I would like to share her post:

"I just wanted to post something regarding the chat rooms. Especially for those

new people, I see a lot that people will come in and say something and not get a

response. Those people will then make a comment about being ignored or they

will just find somewhere else to go. I have even seen one where they said

that it was cliquey. The side bar says the members online, it does not mean that

those members are in the chat. A lot of us have the page open and are doing

other things, doing research, playing games,reading the discussion boards. I

Always forget to shut the page before I leave so it looks like I am online a

lot more than I am. It is not meant to ignore anyone or make people feel bad. If

you are having a really bad day you can always post a discussion and I

guarantee you will get responses. They may not be immediate but it will help and

more people read the discussion boards then chat. I hope this helps! I really

feel bad when people are hurting and feel rejected. No one here wants you to

feel that way and it is not intentional. "

I second this. While the member that brought this up might be in another community, I can only assume this is a constant in all the communities. In the AVM support group, chat is at the very bottom of the main page and requires some effort just to go there. I have seen many postings in chat saying "is anyone there?” and I can only imagine what members think when they get no response. When I’m online and I see someone in chat, I try to respond. Honestly though, I don’t always do that and I cannot even imagine how that goes over. Perhaps the chat function can be moved up in the page and some specifics stated so that members do not feel ignored (i.e., not staffed, not always looked at despite login to the site, check out the chat posting time, etc.). My opinion is that it probably should not be removed, just explained better so members better understand its function. Wishing everyone the very best :J

I do not visit the chat room, but I invite anyone who needs help to leave a comment on my page, and I will get back to you.