Change and change of plans

For anyone going through a change of some kind... “Much of the pain in life comes from having a life plan that you've fallen in love with, and when it doesn't work out you become angry that you now have to pursue a new life plan. If you want to tame your inner demons, you must not become too attached to any particular life plan, and remain open to there being an even better, happier life plan.”

- Karen Salmansohn, best selling author

Thanks for sending Change of Plans, Julie! I'm going to check out what she writes!

Julie, my Husband and I also refer to this as "having your cheese moved. The was a book quite awhile ago "Who moved the Cheese?" comparing that we are All rats in a maze, and we can smell the cheese on the other side of the maze, and we scurry and scaamper and claw our way around the maze, and as soon as we get close, the 'researcher moves the piece of cheese to a different corner of the experiment! And what does the hungry mouse do? Does he get lost in the same tunnels and dead ends? OR does he develop a plan Does he decide that the stupid cheese Never tastes as good as his brain tells him it does! Will he smarten up ever? And Just stop wasting his time? It was an interresting andeducated psychological analysis on what motivates the mind! Don't remember the author though. BUT I will Google it in case!
Nicole

I moved to a new state without any friends or family to try and pursue my career in animation, which I already had major doubts about my abilities and desire, but hadn't had the opportunity to really go and give it a good shot. Then this AVM happened and now I'm not so sure I want to spend my days stuck in front of a computer. I always wished I'd done something different with my life like teaching or working in nature, so now I think the plan is changing for the better!! Thanks for your bit of insight!