Cerebral Hemorrhage Recovery

Jose,

Welcome to our community. It is good to have you with us. I’m sorry to hear that your mum is so poorly.

I think the honest views that I have (having been here for 1.5 years or so, and I do mean views) is that it is very difficult to know whether or how much she will recover but if she does, it will more than likely take a very long time. I also hold the view that recovery is not a straight line and it may be reasonable to see some regress from time to time. I don’t know if that is to be worrying or just to be expected. I think to some extent it should be expected and although I’ve never had a bleed, I’d say my recovery from an embolization has not progressed regularly.

A couple of months ago, I watched a film on BBC about a patient recovering from a stroke. Again, whether he would recover at all was in question, how long and how much he would recover was also in question.

The link to the BBC video may not work in the US but in my thread above is another link that may work.

The beginning of the film, I have to say, is quite distressing to see a person so deformed but if you can access the video, I promise it will give a fascinating view into a retired or semi-retired gentleman’s recovery from a massive stroke.

I am also convinced that stimulation by relatives and friends is vital.

I hope this helps,

Richard