Can I exercise without triggering my AVM

Hey Jack,
I haven’t really received a specific limit for my heart rate as you have but 85BMPs sounds pretty reasonable, I’ll keep this in mind, and I’m sure that you didn’t need to be told twice haha.

Thanks for your response and I hope your embolisation has gone well.

Hi, thanks for replying and sorry for my late response.

I’m sorry to hear about your episode, that sounds awful but I kind of understand those symptoms to an extent. And yes, 100 per cent, slowing it down and taking it easy is key to managing these sorts of things. I hope everything goes well for you :slight_smile:

Hey Adrian,

yeah for sure. As I have transferred from the children’s system to the adult’s system, I have been writing down all of these concerns in preparation for my upcoming appt with my new neurologist. My previous neurologist has shared these views on walking, I’ll be sure to see what my new neurologists says.

Thanks for responding.

1 Like

Hi Ashleigh,
that sounds awesome. Good for you, and for sure this is a sort of a case by case thing and I’ll just have to see what my doctors say. Thanks for responding and good luck with everything :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Will,
thanks for your reply and sorry for the delayed response:/
I’m sorry to hear about the whole AVM experience, but also great that it’s been mostly eliminated.
And yes, you’re right it’s all about not straining myself and keeping hydrated. I don’t think I’m scared of my AVM, I’m mostly annoyed by it, haha, but at the end of the day I’m pretty much fine. Good for you that everything is going well, I hope it stays that way. Thank you for making me feel so welcome to this community. Good luck :slight_smile:

I try to keep my blood pressure low take medications for it and I walk 2 miles per day

I think I can survive this disease if there is exercise but I do remember my sister had AVM and first doctor’s advise was not to lift weights

So blood pressure and AVM rupture are related.
I am deciding to take it easy maybe later down the road

I still have to do two more angiograms

1 Like

Hi there. I’ve also been told this - no weights. Just like labour when having a baby they put pressure on the brain. I think exercise on the whole is fine though especially things like swimming where there isn’t that tendency to overdo it and push too hard.

1 Like

Can’t relate to childbirth but on the blood pressure for sure. No weights. I had one AVM rupture because of this! Of course talk to your doctor for your specific situation. I took up walking and got a dog that keeps me active and attentive. Blessings as you continue!

1 Like