Can I color my hair?

Hi, I’ve been wondering if I can color my hair… I use to hav many colors on my hair and I’m wondering its its ok to highlight it back again. Its been 1 yr 3months after my head surgery.

Gosh I sure hope so…I’ve never stopped coloring my hair, except of course when I didn’t have any. As soon as my hair grew back enough, I colored it. Did the doctors tell you that you couldn’t color your hair?! Couldn’t imagne that it would cause any kind of problem, but what do I know?

As long as you have healed, of course you can. You would not want to try it if you have open places like from the halo or surgery but you seem well past all of that. Go for it!!
Unless they (your Dr’s) have advised you not to for some reason.

go for your life…i used to dye my hair all the time before my surgery and i just dyed it again 1st time since my surgery…last weekend it has been 14 months all my scars are closed over and i had no problems…start experimenting with those colours again

Thanks guys, now I’m confident to dye my hair.yeaaaaaaa… I just bought a golden blonde dye color to color my black hair golden. (golden blonde +black hair = golden brown)

I haven;t heard anything about not being able to dye your hair, but I know the lady’s at the salon are driving me crazy about putting highlights in my hair to hide all the gray that has popped in since my surgery… apparently your not suppose to have this much gray at 30 :slight_smile:

Yes…i was told to wait about 6-9 months before dying my hair…lol which is when the grey’s started to come in. And I’m only 23 now! this was 2 years ago so I was only 21 at the time. Its safe to dye your hair especially if its been a year, and also safe for perms and straighteners. (that is what my neurosurgeon told me)

Wow, I’m not the only young one that has had grey hair come in after surgery…I wonder if it is something to do with brain trauma causing the hair follicles to change?

Candance Smith said:

I haven;t heard anything about not being able to dye your hair, but I know the lady’s at the salon are driving me crazy about putting highlights in my hair to hide all the gray that has popped in since my surgery… apparently your not suppose to have this much gray at 30 :slight_smile:

hi Rhonda,

my surgery was 6 months ago. i too had highlights in my hair and wondered if i could colour it. i wen to my hairdresser and she put protective balm where they had cut my head to protect the wound. i have had my hair coloured twice in the last 4 months and it is fine - so yes you can colour your hair!
hope this helps
enjoy getting your hair done!
Caroline xo

Hi Caroline, Thanks for the advice… I had mine done by my mom without protective balm cos i don hav any :slight_smile: but my mom had tried not to touch my scalp with the dye. ")

Caroline Viles said:

hi Rhonda,

my surgery was 6 months ago. i too had highlights in my hair and wondered if i could colour it. i wen to my hairdresser and she put protective balm where they had cut my head to protect the wound. i have had my hair coloured twice in the last 4 months and it is fine - so yes you can colour your hair!

hope this helps

enjoy getting your hair done!

Caroline xo