Quantcast

AVM Survivors Network

Calf motion issues

I am 19 years old and have had a golf ball sized Vascular Malformation in my right calf for almost 5 years. I have had 3 embolizations with Wayne Yakes, but the last one has been pushed off and pushed off. I have realized more frequently being a young, active 19 year old college student that I having more and more returning pain and a lot of motion issues in my right leg. I can’t seem to keep my foot flat in a squat like I can on my left side and everything just feels off. I don’t know if this is due to the vascular condition but it is the only culprit I can think of due to the fact Ive never had any other issues in this leg besides the AVM. Any tips on strengthening legs and knees and finding a balance between strengthening and dealing with pain?

@oceanguidancegirl Can you work out with your AVM?
I know you don’t live in California but if you happen to be coming my orthopedic foot surgeon might be someone you might want to see ,
https://www.google.com/search?q=dr+mullens+soar&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS701US701&oq=dr+mullens+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.9772j1j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:17523804295224667506,rc_q:Mullens%20Jonah%20DPM,ru_q:Mullens%20Jonah%20DPM