Calf motion issues

I am 19 years old and have had a golf ball sized Vascular Malformation in my right calf for almost 5 years. I have had 3 embolizations with Wayne Yakes, but the last one has been pushed off and pushed off. I have realized more frequently being a young, active 19 year old college student that I having more and more returning pain and a lot of motion issues in my right leg. I can’t seem to keep my foot flat in a squat like I can on my left side and everything just feels off. I don’t know if this is due to the vascular condition but it is the only culprit I can think of due to the fact Ive never had any other issues in this leg besides the AVM. Any tips on strengthening legs and knees and finding a balance between strengthening and dealing with pain?

@oceanguidancegirl Can you work out with your AVM?
I know you don’t live in California but if you happen to be coming my orthopedic foot surgeon might be someone you might want to see ,
https://www.google.com/search?q=dr+mullens+soar&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS701US701&oq=dr+mullens+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.9772j1j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:17523804295224667506,rc_q:Mullens%20Jonah%20DPM,ru_q:Mullens%20Jonah%20DPM

Hi oceanguidancegirl I too have a VM in my right calf. Mine is deep in my soleus muscle. So my advice my not apply as mine is a bit smaller and might impact different muscle groups. I too have strength and stability issues. In fact I’ve twisted both ankles to the point of breaking. My right ankle for certain has osteoarthritis (age 33) and my left probably does too. I had ligament reconstruction to try to limit the damage which has helped. I would see if you can find a physical therapist. I found they can tailor exercises to help with stability and strength. I wish I had done it at your age before the damage got so bad. Also find someone who you can be honest with and say that is going to hurt me or we’ll need to go slow with this stretch. I also found that a PT that does massage helped me keep my muscle loose. I also found ice and elevation to be helpful as well as compression. Depending on the nature of your malformation those may or may not be helpful for you. Best of luck! I hope you find a solution.